In this guide we will show you how to transfer (copy) Joomla template settings (also based on Helix3 framework) from one website to another. Do not worry, this is quite easy process but request several minutes and using a additional tool. We will show you all steps, which you should follow:
6. Select and copy whole area from "params" field (see above image), scroll window if you have to.
7. Open in edit mode this same table on second ("B") database and paste whole settings code.
8. Then click "Save" to keep new changes (modifications).
9. Next in template settings "Basic" tab check if logos have assigned this same path for logo images. If not, you have to correct only this part.
10. If in your first template you made manually some changes in core files like in: templateDetails.xml - which might be possible. Using FTP client tool you have to copy them into second (B) server as well.
Now you can use both sites with exacily this same template settings inside them. But it doesn't mean this same modules or content of course. That's all.
New version of Helix3 v1.2+ allow you to use new feature: Export &b Import settings. Since that moment you do not have to use PHPMyAdmin or similar tool to copy-clone template settings from site A to site B. We implement a new transfer feature. On first site you have to export json file, then open it in text editor, copy whole content and paste on second site in export textarea field.