Page Builder: Articles Addon - Featured = Ordering? - Question | JoomShaper

Page Builder: Articles Addon - Featured = Ordering?

U

udi

Feature Request 1 year ago

Hi In Article addon, if I want to display only featured articles, there is no way to select the ordering. Featured is currently under the option for ordering, so I can choose either to show featured or to choose the direction od the order. I think Featured shold be an an additional option, just like Post Type. I assume this shold not be to complicated to achive.

Thank you

3 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #85600

Hello udi

I don't understand why featured under ordering. it should be when selecting data source (articles/k2), then the next question should be show featured (yes/no/only) and then the question about the ordering.

Thank you for your patiece. You can use tag to show the featured article. In that way, you will be able to do the ordering, showing the oldest first.

article-ordering-oldest-by-tag.JPG

U
udi
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #83079

Hi, Thank you for your reply. This is not what I was asking... I know I can choose to display only featured articles, but if I do so, I can't select the order of the display If I choose to display only featured articles, It will only display them in descending order. I cannot select only featured and show oldest first.

check /com_sppagebuilder/helpers/articles.php line 107:

elseif($ordering == 'featured') { $query->where($db->quoteName('a.featured') . ' = ' . $db->quote(1)); $query->order($db->quoteName('a.publish_up') . ' DESC');

I don't understand why featured under ordering. it should be when selecting data source (articles/k2), then the next question should be show featured (yes/no/only) and then the question about the ordering.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #82491

Hello

Thank you for your query.

Inside Page builder that addon have the option to show only featured articles. Is this what you are looking for?

featured.jpeg.png

You can check out the discussion here too:

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/7996