ALT - Tag For Feature Image - Question | JoomShaper

ALT - Tag For Feature Image

K

kweb

Feature Request 1 year ago

Hi there, glad to see you update also Version 3. What I miss for long time now are some details in SEO friendly functions - especially for the Feature Box Addon.

Can you give this Addon the possibility to enter ALT Tage for feature Image and maybe also to have the possibility to add a Link Title for links. This should be standard.

Thanks, kweb

8 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88971

Hi Kweb,

Let me check and back to you soon.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88975

Right now in SP Page Builder 3.8.9 ALT for image is taken from Addon Title, but I guess you want to have a separate ALT field ?

But Addon Title can be link !

foto_8974_2022.jpg

it was added at least 2 years ago, or even sooner.

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88996

Hi Paul - yes - please make it individual - I know its not the most important part of SEO but you shouldt force the user to use automatic-created ALT-Tags. Just let the user decide how to tag his image.

Because of the title you missunderstood. I mean title of <a> Tag.

<a href="/link.html" title="Explore the World"></a>

kweb

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89004
  1. Sure, I already added to wish list
  2. Title in links is not needed for Accessibility, about SEO , hmm? Show me where W3C recommends it.
K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89010

For 2. DOES the W3C has to recommend that it should be a part of creating websites with a professional Page Builder?

Well the title-Tag of the <a> makes sences, not even for SEO because Google honors when you describe your link, but also for disabled users who have problems understanding a page.

Btw.: Compare to wordpress - there you also can put nearly every tag in what you want to to - so cannot be that wrong to give this option for users of your Pagebuilder too.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89014

Yes, if we talk about Validated HTML code.

About Accessibility I read different opinions, for example, that one: https://silktide.com/blog/i-thought-title-text-improved-accessibility-i-was-wrong/

But If yes, from where Title for link should be taken: Addon Title, Image ALT, new field?

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89020

I think there are some opinions out there about title tag - for me as my side Im using it and I was wondering why I dont have the possibility to set one when setting a link up in SPPB. Maybe the alt for the image is a bit more important but like i said: Just a suggestion. In every other way you have the chance to set one - but not in the feature addon - thats what I might point out here.

Always let the user chose - I would not implement it with an automatic. When you do it this way you force the user something on a site that he maybe does not really want to have. Just let the user chose. No entry - no title tag -> Entry - Title tag he desires.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89021

Yes, thanks as always for all suggestions.

We will consider that, from my end, I can only suggest developers.