Slideshow Not Running Anymore After Upgradfe SP Page Builder - Question | JoomShaper

Slideshow Not Running Anymore After Upgradfe SP Page Builder

SS

Steffen Schulz

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Dear sir or madam, I have upgraded my website from SP Page Builder 3 to 4 (version 4.0.7). It uses the Pitech template.

Since that update a few of the installed items are not displayed anymore - such as the slideshow on the home page - although the module is still editable in the page builder interface.

I have tried to fix the issue by myself to no avail. Are there any known issues with either the template or page builder itself that could cause such a behaviour ?

Thx in advance for your support.

With best regards from Plochingen,

Steffen Oliver Schulz

25 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #100804

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the correct Joomla administrator access of test site to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100847

Hi Toufiq, I have entered the correct password for the admin account in the hidden content. Thx for your support. I have copied the "Home" page as "Test Home" and tried to recrate the slideshow from scratch. Steffen Oliver Schulz

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #101052

Please check now. Thanks

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101167

Hi Toufiq, unfortunately I see no difference (neither in the HOME nor the HOME TEST). Could you please tell me what you have changed ? Thx in advance for your support ! Best regards, Steffen

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #101278

Check now. Thanks

Claire Haas
Claire Haas
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102080

Hi,

I am having the same issue after recent upgrades. I am using the Stellar Template though. I have tried recreating it in a test page but no joy.

Kind regards :-)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #102464

After fix try to see the result. But, nothing happen on your site due to caching issue. That's why i need to check on my localhost and it works fine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11V_W6Yl48xB-qOG3FGKuwE5kHBxRdvy5/view

Claire Haas
Claire Haas
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102624

Ah, thank you. I found that switiching the System - Page Cache plugin off solved the issue. (Not sure why this was enabled as apparently it isn't in a default installation of Joomla as per this.)

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102629

I see that you have created a new site with a slideshow module. That is what - from pure necessity as nothing else seems to work - have also tried. You can see that when selecting the "Test Slider" on the Home menu .

But it seems that the "old" slideshow module seems to be scrambled or broken. At least that is what I experience.

I will try ot set up a local Joomla installation in order to test if the problems have anything to do with the environment. But I believe that the problems source more from the underlying changes of SP Page Builder than from the environment.

Best regards,

Steffen Oliver Schulz

Claire Haas
Claire Haas
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102767

ok, thank you again 😀

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103204

@Steffen Schulz Please let me know if your issue still persists. Thanks

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103240

@Toufiq: yes - issue still persists - I am currently trying to build a new version with the new carousel from SPB 4 (menu item Test Slider beneath Home). Hopefully this version works and will remain working through future updates :-) Best regards, SOS

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103273

Already, I have solved your issue. What kind of issue there?

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103362

Dear Toufiq, the slider module on top of the home page is still not visible (at least not to me) and I also see no changes. Would you please be so kind as to point me to the changes that you have made ? Maybe we have a misunderstanding in the communication.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103607

Please check again and let me know. Or share an screenshot about your problem. Thanks

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103792

Hello Toufiq, I have tried the site www.transparent-it.com with 3 different browsers (Safari, Firefox and Chrome). In Chrome at first the slider appeared to be working, but as soon as I've changed the screen size (with the mouse) I had the same appearance in all 3 browsers. After some try & error I have found a possible source of the problem: I have a 5K monitor in a multi-monitor-environment on my Mac. Therefore my browser windows start quite large. By chance I have found that at a certain (smaller) size both the top slider as well the picture slider below suddenly re-appeared. I could reproduce that behaviour on all 3 browsers. Is there a setting that hinders the both sliders from being displayed above a certain screen size ? I would expect the sliders to stay visible at all sizes and only the space left and right to enhance. If ever I would expect the slider to have problems at very small sizes - not at the other end of the spectrum. I would appreciate it very much if you could point me to an option or other setting that would allow the sliders to be visible at any screen size (with maybe the exception of very small screen sizes) . Thx in advance for your support. best regards, SOS

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103897
SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103936

Hi Toufiq, I have recorded a video that displays my problems to get a better understanding: I have put that video on the server www.transparent-it.com as tmp/Test_transparent-it.mp4. Testvideo Hope that helps

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104027

Please check again and let me know. Thanks

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104073

With the "old" slider module nothing has changed. Size corrections still lead to the disappearance of the slides from a certain size on. What I do not understand is that with the "new" slider module (menu item Test Slider) everything seems to work correctly - meaning I can change the size to whatever I want without any problems. Have I misconfigured something or is that feature (more commonly known as a bug) :-)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104192

Please check now. Thanks

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104265

Works like a charm - thx. Would you please be so kind to point me to the changes that you performed so that I can migrate them to the production site ? best regards

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104447

Added this css code inside the custom.css file.

.sp-slider-outer-stage {
    height: 800px;
}

-Thanks

SS
Steffen Schulz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104553

Thx a lot - just copying the custom.css to the main site solved my problem. !!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104669

You are most welcome. Will you please spend some to write a review about our product and support quality? 

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/sp-page-builder/

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.joomshaper.com