Page Suddenly Not Keeping Changes - Question | JoomShaper

Page Suddenly Not Keeping Changes

Melissa Minchala

Melissa Minchala

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hello,

I am running v3.8.9 of SP Page Builder Pro. I have been adding new pages, with images and have had no issues. Suddenly, when I went to create my 22nd page, I can no longer save changes.

I strated with a template page. I can make changes. I hit save, it goes through the motion. Everything looks as normal. When I check the site, none of the changes appear, and when I check the page again, all my changes have reverted back.

If I start a plain new page, none of the additions I make save. I can add text, images, and whatever. It will say that it has saved, but when I check the site, nothing shows up and when I save and close, then open again, there is nothing there. None of my additions were saved.

Nothing has changed. I did not add any plugins or anything. It just happened.

Please help.

Cheers,

-Melissa

64 Answers
‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106014

I did some more testing and was able to trace the problem back to the encoding of the JSON.

JSON right before saving to the database:
SPPB3: {"text": "test 😔"}
SPPB4: {"text": "test \ud83d\ude14"}

The SPPB4 solved the problem by converting the text via json_encode before saving it to the database, thus obtaining a clean encoded string.

The SPPB3 takes the data transmitted by form directly and passes it to the model.
As a result, an error occurs during saving due to the unclean JSON.

Temporary fix:

• Open the "components/com_sppagebuilder/controllers/page.php" file.
  • Scroll down to line 150
  • Add the following code before the line "// Attempt to save the data."
$data['text'] = json_encode(json_decode($data['text']));

If the problem also apears in the backend editor, it is the following file and line.
"I have only tested the fronend editor this far."
administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/controllers/page.php on line 205

@Toufiq
Please forward the problem to the developers.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104232

@Toufiq as you can see.. You should hit the table with your bosses.

we, the customer schuld be heared. you even ignore my questions.

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/22109

Will You Ever Develop A Usable Template Again, Or Is That It Now?

The last developed and published Template is from 05 September 2022 - and this is a very unusable and useless special one.

so, what do you guys think, what we pay for?

you have extended my submission... by just under 250 days. now there are 33 days remaining, and you have offered nothing, absolutely nothing in this time?.. we are waiting and we have been very, very patient... but if nothing comes, we're all gone.

V
vlad
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104240

Hi Melissa! You acted rashly with the transition to WIX. WIX sucks completely! I've been working on it and lost a lot of time and money! WIX site templates suck, it's impossible to create your own unique site. Joomshaper is a super tool for creating and selling your websites. With WIX, you will lose both money and reputation as a web developer. A separate topic is the WIX support service (Everyone gives a fuck about their customers). joomshaper has excellent customer support, if you have problems with hosting and configuring php, these are your problems, not joomshaper. But joomshaper support solves even your problems beyond their control. Therefore, my advice to you is to think a few times before switching to wix. Good luck!

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104355

Vlad is right Melissa.. Wix and all the others, are not an alternative to joomla and Joomshapers running products.

im really working from the beginning, since 30 years now on Joomla, and im very glad, that they made so big steps. joomlan is perfect for small and medium sized businesses.

good work to all.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105090

We will check it and can you share an screencast video about the scenario of the issue?

Hi @Toufiq. No need screencast. Just add any emoji to the text addon and click the Save button. In the editor, it will look like everything is ok, the saving was successful. But if you look at the page in live viewing, you will not see the saved changes. Someone has long time ago reported this problem and it was marked as added to the teams's bug list for correction.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105348

Hello Pavel and Toufiq,

thank you for the Testcase.

I have tested your Testcase with Joomla 4 and SPPB 4.x.
So far, all has worked as intended.
For the Test I have used JCE-Core and Tiny-MCE.
I have also copied emoji from external Sources.
SPPB 4 handles emoji without any problems.

Second Test I did in Joomla 4 and SPPB 3.x.
The Problem can be reproduced multiple times.
As of the database entrie and the json-data within the record.
The text gets cut at the position of the emoji.

I traced it back to the AdminModel.
libraries/src/MVC/Model/AdminModel.php:1265

// Store the data.
            if (!$table->store()) {
                $this->setError($table->getError());
var_dump($table->getError());
exit;
                return false;
            }

Error:

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8023...' for column 'text' at row 1

The SPPB 3.x does not validate if joomla returns true or false for the save action and the text is tranfered in the wrong encoding.

administrator/com_sppagebuilder/controllers/page.php:109

public function save($data)
    {
        $app = Factory::getApplication();

if ($app->input->get('task') == 'save2copy') {
            $data['title'] = $this->pageGenerateNewTitle( $data['title'] );
            $data['hits'] = 0;
        }

if (!$data['id']) {
            $data['created_by'] = $this->checkExistingUser($data['created_by']);
        }

parent::save($data);

return true;
    }

@Toufiq please forward this issue to the developers.

Have a nice day.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105368

Hi @Jens. Good job. Thank you

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105440

Did you added this code on this file?

administrator/com_sppagebuilder/controllers/page.php:109

public function save($data)
    {
        $app = Factory::getApplication();

if ($app->input->get('task') == 'save2copy') {
            $data['title'] = $this->pageGenerateNewTitle( $data['title'] );
            $data['hits'] = 0;
        }

if (!$data['id']) {
            $data['created_by'] = $this->checkExistingUser($data['created_by']);
        }

parent::save($data);

return true;
    }
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105458

@Toufiq
No, I accidentally wrote the wrong path.
It is: administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/page.php:109

https://snipboard.io/JNmQxS.jpg

Edit:
Please do not be surprised by the versioning marks.
To be able to track what your developers have changed in the versions, I have set up a git repository to be able to track the changes in detail.
This simplifies debugging.

L
Lilart
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103014

Hello Melissa, Have you checked the configuration.php file permissions? I'd same problem because the unexpected change of permissions of this file... If can help, Henri

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103047

Hi Henri,

The permission is at 444, which is what I understand it should be. Did you change the permission to something that fixes the problem?

Thanks, -Melissa

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103157

I am following, having the same issue. Cannot save page edits at all! Tried updating permissions, PHP, etc. No help. Please help Joomshaper!

L
Lilart
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103165

Hello,

Sorry it didn't work! Now, I think that it should be necessary to give all of your parameters to try to see more clearly (server, PHP versions and others, then also about Joomla, SPPB, template...). Also, perhaps, if you access it and if i's activated, try to disable "Restrict symbolic link tracking" in the Apache/Nginx parameters (that's not perfect for server security, but sometimes that's cause troubleshootings. Then, verify aloso the requirements of your versions (SPPB? Helix...) : I had a problem with Fixter which don't work properly with PHP 8.1+, but well with PHP 8.0.27...

I suppose that Joomshaper's support could help also... Henri

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103172

Hi Henri,

sigh

I tried PHP 8.0 vs 8.1 and, nothing.

I have implored Joomshaper to help and have gotten the run around, to say the least. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe this experience.

Thanks for your help, Henri.

-Melissa

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103473

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103955

Sent in hidden area

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103960

Thats sad Melissa. I know I have been here for 9 years and LOVE the work that JS does! I think this PB4 has more complaints from the users than they were hoping for. I know I tried to use it on one of my sites and deleted the entire build and started over with 3. I will check out WIX thanks.

szymas
szymas
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103966

I agree, we are now trying to publish pages and now getting these messages when we never had before:

Error You don't have permission to access this. Please contact a website administrator if this is incorrect.

I am the administrator... what the crap am I suppose to do with correcting it???? This is too much looking at other solutions after we just put another $400 intp the developer edition.. why?????

PB3 > PB4

PB4 = dumpster

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104036

@pixelfuzion I just checked your home page and editing works fine.

Updated Page Builder version 3.8.9.

-Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104038

@Melissa Minchala Please accept my apologies. As a support leader, I am helpless. Cause, Page Builder 4 occurred lots of issues, and the developer team trying to fix them. In that case, your cooperation is very important to us. If you give me a chance to check your issue it would be very good. Besides, huge questions a raised on the forum for the Page Builder 4. That's why we are very under pressure. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104040

@szymas If you share an screencast video with your site credential then i will go to check your issue. Thanks

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104126

Toufiq,

I went in and it did save once. Then it stops saving edits. Its really strange. Its like there is a timer that only allows one save per day. I cannot get it to save again. I don't know how else to explain it. Maybe something in the cache or something???

Thanks

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104145

@Toufiq, I was on v3.8.9, so there are really no excuses. Sorry, I know you are probably doing the best you can, but your company is failing you.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104206

@Melissa Minchala If you give me a chance to check your issue then i will try to find out the issue for a solution. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104207

@pixelfuzion Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104256

@Saam I just respond your forum post. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104257

@vlad Please stay with us and be cool. All of you guys are good. Thanks

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104359

@Toufiq - You already have it!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104388

@pixelfuzion Please check now the home page. Thanks

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104471

@Toufiq

Ummm now I get NOTHING... This is a live site, please fix!!!!

This is litterally what the home page displays on ALL my browsers...

0 Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104474

@pixelfuzion Please check now. Thanks

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104493

Site is displaying again but still not saving. I am specifically getting the problem on the "team" page. I am trying to update "modal popup" addons but they do not take.

Guess I havent tried any other page as this is one of the last things I am trying to clear up. Everything else is good and saving had not been a problem the entire time till I get to here!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104639

@pixelfuzion I just checked the team page person addon & modal addon. It works fine. There is no problem found. Will you please tell me what exactly do you need or do you face? Thanks

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104749

@Toufiq Log in to my admin. go to the teams page and then edit the pop up modal under "Lauren". The text currently reads...

Lauren

coming soon

Please try to change to/apply/save page:

Lauren Bader

Coming Soon!!

If it does in fact save on your end... why in the heck does it not save on my end. I can zoom meet with you and show I can screen share with you so show you whats happening.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104820

I just checked my end and it works fine. Thanks

Note: I have deleted your demo content & added new content.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104863

Hi everybody. I have an idea on this case. Perhaps this is your case. If the content has emoji or unicode simbols page saving does not work. Emoji is not supported in SPPB (that is sad)

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104941

@Toufiq

I got it to save per Pavel's suggestion. But now the alignment on the images and the popup modal are off on public end. Not sure what happened there.

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104942

@Pavel

Thanks, I didn't know that was an issue and I also thougt there is no way she has a... yes she did slip in an emoji I didnt even notice, nor would I have thought that was the issue! Thanks!

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104943

@Pavel!!!! I think you cracked the case!!!

The page I was trying to save did have an emoji! Why it took THIS long for the answer to come out, and not from Joomshaper is nuts.

Anyway, too late for me. I am now on Wix, and emojis, or nothing else so far, has been an issue. A dream so far.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104984

Sometimes a pellet can kill an elephant. This is a small, unobvious problem that is very difficult to detect. I think this problem should have the highest priority for correction. It is small, but it can be catastrophic for the company.

Hi @Melissa. Believe my experience - WIX is a terrible choice. You will face much worst problems than you had here. And in general, the transition to any online site builders is a big step back.

Hi @Toufiq. I think you need to pay biggest attention to this problem and mark it in red with many exclamation signs in team's bug list.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105085

@Pavel We will check it and can you share an screencast video about the scenario of the issue? I will share it to our developer team. I hope they will fix it next release. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105086

@pixelfuzion I got it to save per Pavel's suggestion. But now the alignment on the images and the popup modal are off on public end. Not sure what happened there.

Can you share an screenshot?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105159
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105182

@Toufiq try emoji from JCE

Try emoji from https://getemoji.com/

Try emoji from https://emojipedia.org

and ect 🧐

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105260

@Toufiq

Its nothing I did, as you were the only one doing anything to the site. Can you see if there is a fix for that misalignment? Was it an update or something?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105287

@Pavel Prepare the problem here

http://helix-framework.org/en/

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105289

@pixelfuzion Can you share a screenshot about the issue of misalignment?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105295

@Pavel Prepare the problem here

Hi. This is impossible. You see a block containing emoji only during an active session. As soon as you reboot the editor's page, this block will disappear. And all other blocks that added after (below) it will also disappear.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add text addon
  2. Add emoji into the text (from JCE or online services above)
  3. Save
  4. See live view or reboot the editor's page and see

Not sure about SPPB 4. But this error in SPPB 3

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105323

@Pavel Please create the problem here

http://helix-framework.org/en/

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106077

Hi everyone! Great work! And while you guys have been hard at work solving the json bug, I have been blissfully migrating two sites over to Wix without having to solve their code issues. Emojis, images, vids, ALL of it, just WORKS.

I appreciate the dedication you guys have to this product, but my job is not fixing the bugs of the products I use to develop sites. My job is to develop sites that are meant to sell services, build communities, convert customers. If I wanted to spend my time debugging, I'd have chosen the path of a coder.

Not my monkeys, not my circus, anymore. I can now freely go about my intended purpose. Good luck everyone, Joomshaper is a second job, and it's unpaid. No, thanks.

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106089

@Saam - Hahahahahahaha! I've been making websites since the LAST CENTURY! Nothing amature happening here. I just know where my time, and money, are best spent.

And if my "style" is too much for your sensitive eyeballs, perhaps it would have been better for you to just look away. You don't set the bar, buddy. Not for me, not for anybody.

Ciao!

L
Lilart
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106293

@Saam,

We are newbies with Joomshaper and their products, also with the support "usages", and we've followed this topic (and others) with attention.

So, it seems that you don't read and understand correctly plus to be unnecessarily unpleasant with Melissa : in these cases, silence is golden and YOU should have to gone (quietly?). That's for the form.

For the substance, now :

• When we have a contractual commitment, we respect it: both for deadlines (support) and for functionalities (bugs or dysfunctions). That's not the case, even if one can understand the difficulties of the art.

Oh! I'm sure you give your mechanic lots of kisses when you comes to pick up back your car to go to a crucial appointment, he tells you to come back in... 3 weeks... No?

• Perhaps it's not your case, but it's cleatr that Melissa (and others, as... us) has customers to serve, a business to support, all to earn bread : she is not here only for the art. And customers do not wait and pay if they are not served as agreed.

• We (you) can be sure that Melissa is gone not with pleasure, but by necessity.

In french, we say : CQFD (Ce Qu'il Fallait Démontrer) aka "This was to be demonstrated". That's said not as developer (I'm not), but as lawyer (I'm).

@Support,

As you've said in numerous topics (when you have found time to...), you face many difficulties: we can understand that. The art is difficult : we can understand that also.

But you can't ignore what happens to companies that lose control: they collapse. The customers don't wait longtime... And that would be very sad because you seem to have created some good (really good?) products.

Working with and for medias/newspapers, we are testing the most part of providers and we must say that your support is actually among the very bad ones : please, wake up!

We will be back soon.

@Melissa,

Good luck.

Henri

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #106394

@Jens W. I will share your instructions and code with our developer. Thanks

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106417

@Henri - Thank you for understanding and articulating my point so well. My best wishes - Melissa

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106762

@Melissa.. I am truly heartbroken. I apologize. You were right. Anything is better than lingering here! greetings.

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106768

@X - I wish you the best where ever you may land.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #106807

Team is working about this issue. After finishing the work, I will share an build for you guys. Thanks

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106814

"Team is working" on so many issues.. which will you fix @Toufiq?

since over a year, you have delivered nothing!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #106817

Suddenly page saving issue.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107219

Download this package and test this package on your staging site.

L
Lilart
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103102

Hello Melissa,

The permissions of configuration.php must be 644 (as most of files). 644 is for the "owner", and you are the "owner". You can see what happend in "system informations" in Joomla : with 444 the file is only set to "Read Only" and you can't save changes...

If you can access to configuration.php file, in a first time, change the permissions to 644 and yours changes will be saved as you want.

If the permissions of this file change automatically and go back to 444, there is a problem with PHP rules that must solved at the server level.

It seems that the problem comes with the settings of PHP rules of your server : Fast CGI or PHP-FPM. JSP say to set to Fast CGI, but perhaps you must to set to PHP-FPM...

See notice of Akeeba : "*It's a matter of ownership. You are on a host where your files and directories are owned by a different user than the one the web server is running under. In the past, this could be overcome by using Joomla's FTP layer. Joomla 4.0 and later no longer include the FTP layer feature for security reasons.

You will need to ask your host to set up their server to use PHP under FastCGI or FastCGI Process Manager (PHP-FPM), with PHP running as the same user as your site's owner user. This is a standard way to configure PHP and is, in fact, the recommended way to run PHP since 2010 since it's also the most secure way to run PHP. If you find yourself using a host which declines to do that it's a good idea looking for a better host.*"

Henri

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103122

Hello Henri,

I have changed the permissions to 644 and have refreshed several times before and after an attempt to create a new file, but nothing has changed. I still cannot create a new page and save it, and the configuration.php file remains at 644.

So if the permission of the configuration.php file is not it, can you think of anythings else I should be looking into?

Since the permissions have not reverted to 444, should I still look into the PHP rules of my server? I am on a hosted server.

Thanks so much for your help!

-Melissa

Melissa Minchala
Melissa Minchala
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103956

I've made the decision to move to Wix. Can you IMAGINE??!! After more than 10 years on Joomla and many years on Joomshaper, I have been chased off to Wix!!

I will be seeking a refund on my subscription to Joomshaper.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106083

.. you are right!