Can't Upload Featured Image Via Blog Options (Helix Ultimate) - Question | JoomShaper

Can't Upload Featured Image Via Blog Options (Helix Ultimate)

BP

Bryan van Putten

Helix Framework 1 year ago

When adding an article, if I go to Blog Options tab and upload a featured image, a progress bar appears for just a second and disappears. Nothing happens, no image is uploaded. I can upload an image elsewhere, but NOT via Blog Options. So I suppose that means it's a Helix Ultimate issue specifically.

I have tried the advice listed here .... https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/troubleshooting-faq#i-cannot-upload-images-in-blog-options

.. but even with a memory limit of 1024MB nothing happens.

I really hope you can help. Any ideas? Looking forward to hearing from you.

8 Answers
BP
Bryan van Putten
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103795

Update:

Lowering PHP back to 7.4 solves the problem. But since PHP 7.4 is outdated and a security risk, it would be nice to have it work with PHP 8 as well..

So the problem I guess is the same as in the troubleshooting guide, only the memory limit solution didn't work for me.

Any ideas? Thanks!

BP
Bryan van Putten
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103997

Update 2: For some reason, maybe after recent Joomla update, I again can't upload images through Helix's Blog Options tab when adding an article.

The images are added to the server (i see every file ending up in the FTP folder) but nothing happens inside the editor; the image never gets attached and included.

Also, this time, the PHP version doesn't make a difference, neither does disabling cloudflare or editing htaccess for extra PHP limits. I have also reinstalled Helix Ultimate Plugin, and reinstalled Joomla core files. I am out of options.... and really wish this would work as intended.

In console, I see what I think resembles a javascript error and an 500 error regarding POST.

Any ideas?

BP
Bryan van Putten
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104364

Hi there! Can someone from Joomshaper at least confirm that issue is known and being worked on? I saw more people posted very similar questions in the past week.

Kinda looks to me like the latest Joomla update might have broken Helix?

All I'm looking for is an indication that help is on the way. :-) Thanks!

BP
Bryan van Putten
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104367

Temporary solution found! (for now)

After nearly a week of brute force non-stop trial and error, trying everything I could think of 10 times, I have actually found a workaround.

To upload an image via Blog Options.

• Go to Site Template Styles, disable Helix Ultimate and enable Cassiopeia as default.
  • Go back to the article editor (refresh if already open in separate tab),
  • Upload the image via Blog Options. (It finally works)
  • Then quickly re-enable Helix template style as default again.

It's not ideal, but it gets the job done. I'm still hoping Joomshaper fixes their Helix Ultimate template/plugin/SPPB PRO framework soon though.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #104405

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and sorry for delayed response due to heavy workload.

Which PHP version you were using there? PHP 8.0 or PHP 8.1?

Best Regards

BP
Bryan van Putten
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104525

Currently PHP 8.0. I built the website, in PHP 7.4... everything was working fine. Moved the site to the root folder and it was still fine I believe, but as soon as I did the usual final maintenance stuff for launch, like updating joomla etc, the problems began.

AV
Attila V
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129422

Hello, Same issue appears when upgrading PHP 8.0 to PHP 8.1.18 Listed troubleshooting methods don't work. J 4.3.4, HU 2.14.

AV
Attila V
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129433

Enabling extension=gd in PHP config solved the issue