Upgrade Version 3.8.9 To Version 4 Sp Page Builder - Question | JoomShaper

Upgrade Version 3.8.9 To Version 4 Sp Page Builder

H

Happaerts

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I'm working on a new website, template ensure on joomla 4. I would like to know if it is wise to upgrade to version 4 of Sp Page Builder now, that is before it goes online? Or wait until the the joomshaper team shedules the upgrade themselves?

Regards, Marc

3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #106439

Hi Jakob,

I'm really sorry for all of this.

Actually, I can work well with SPPB 4 personally. There should be no major issues if all of the requirements are met and the environment is properly set up.

Yes, there are many forum posts you will find reporting issues, but most of them are about conflicts with the environment and requirements. SPPB doesn't contain anything that can break the site. It can only cause some style changes that seem to appear differently after the update. Because of bootstrap, font awesome, and other version changes, they added some default styling to force container width, class, and so on to certain elements, among other things.

We have some internal settings-related issues that our developers fix after getting reports from users. Maybe Paul put some extra caution while advising so. Because it is always true that you can adapt to a new thing after it gets old enough or mature enough. But it doesn't mean the product is unusable. As I can personally use it at my end, it behaves differently under some special circumstances. ​ ​We all have different points of view. Thanks for being with us. Have a nice day!

Best Regards

J
jakob.beyeler
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104622

Hi Rashida

I don't understand your answer. SPPB 4.x.x has many problems and you say there are no problems updating. At the same time, Paul advises against an update. Sorry that's very unprofessional. please coordinate you in support team, so that you all say the same thing.

By the way, it's the same when it comes to the support time of SPPB 3.x.x. Each staff member tells something different. It would be nice if you gave an official statement until when exactly SPPB3 gets support.

Thanks

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #104604

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can upgrade, no problem, but keep full site backup before trying anything, so that you have option to restore the working version of your site anytime if needed.

Here is the upgrade process: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/sp-page-builder-4/installation-update#span-style-font-weight-400-how-to-update-from-sp-page-builder-v3-x-to-v4-x-span

Best Regards