Menu Icons Result In Missing Image Symbol - Question | JoomShaper

Menu Icons Result In Missing Image Symbol

M

Marcel

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I have a problem with icons associated with menu items. These are displayed correctly on the home page, but as soon as I select another menu, the icons are not found and I get a missing image symbol. The cause of this is that the URL to the images is modified by Joomla. I am using the Link Image option, selecting a PNG as the icon. I am using the latest version of Joomla 4 and Page Builder in conjunction with the Spheres theme.

For example, the designated icon is: images/fixed-elements/Icons/leestafel.png#joomlaImage://local-images/fixed-elements/Icons/leestafel.png?width=550&height=550

Once I open the site on the home page, this icon displays correctly. However, as soon as I choose the FOTOS menu, all these URLs appear to be modified by Joomla with the chosen FOTOS added to the beginning of the first part of the URL. WEBSITE_URL/FOTOS/images/fixed-elements/Icons/leestafel.png#joomlaImage://local-images/fixed-elements/Icons/leestafel.png?width=550&height=550

At that URL, of course, the images are not there, so I get a missing image symbol

15 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #110130

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

M
Marcel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110558

Hi,

Sorry for my late response. The site is still on a local server and thus not available to the internet.

I made a copy on a public server and created an access code for you. You can do any testing necessary. It's only a backup.

Thanks.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #110906

After login dashboard look like this screenshot.

https://prnt.sc/B6xCAH8dfRGs

M
Marcel
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #110936

I see there's a problem with the admin part of the site. I'll try to fix it.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #110938

Marcel, extra tip for Admin problem:

delete current .htaccess and use version from Joomla 4.2.9 - they fixed one thing that caused that bug. It was releated with Gzip double compression.

info_816_2023.png

M
Marcel
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #110995

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the extra tip. It turned out to be a server setting.

It's fixed now. You can login.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #111105

Please check the screenshot.

M
Marcel
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #111182

Do my previous sent credentials not work?

(I resent them in the hidden content)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #111345

If you don't want to use the https, then you need to turn off the rocket_loader from the cloudflare ssl certificate settings. Please contact your hosting provider about your ssl issue. Thanks

M
Marcel
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #111371

Hi Toufiq,

I do want to use https. The original site does have it. This is just a demo (copy) site to let you investigate the problem. The original site is still offline. Since it's on a different server, it's too much work to install a proper certificate.

Besides, this is not the issue. The problem is that the icons don't work as expected and this also occurs on the original site that does have a proper certificate.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #111502

I have checked your demo site and it works fine. Please check the video.

M
Marcel
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #111528

Hi Toufic,

In the course of the communication, somewhere it got lost what the real problem is. De current state of the site is indeed OK. I did this to show how it should be. The problem only occurs after I attach a Link Image to the menu. Then the site is messed up.

I assumed you would add a Link Image and then see the problem arise. I now added the image myself, so the current state of the site now presents the real problem. Entering the home page, the linked images are there. Although the page is messed up (it turned out to be a 404-error). Whatever menu I then choose, the linked image are missing. You can now see this for yourself.

That being said, today I investigated the problem deeper and found the solution. When creating the main menu I still had a lot of menu items for which the pages were not ready yet. I set those items to "Menu Heading" to have a placeholder. This turns out to be the problem. When I changed those items to e.g. a "Menu Item Alias", the problem is gone.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #111557

Glad to know that your problem has been solved. If you need more help, please let us know. Thanks

M
Marcel
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #111571

I will. Thanks and have a nice day.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #111744

Have a ncie day. Thanks & Enjoy