Bug In Luxyort Template Update Today !!! - Question | JoomShaper

Bug In Luxyort Template Update Today !!!

RB

Ronny Buelund

Template 1 year ago

After an update of the luxuort template that was released today my site shows this error in frontend:

Call to a member function get() on null Call stack

Function Location

1 () JROOT/plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/mod_menu/default_heading.php:35 2 require() JROOT/templates/luxyort/html/mod_menu/default_heading.php:11 3 require() JROOT/templates/luxyort/html/mod_menu/default.php:95 4 require() JROOT/modules/mod_menu/mod_menu.php:30 5 include() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php:52 6 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php:55 7 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:281 8 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderRawModule() JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:161 9 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderModule() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/ModuleRenderer.php:99 10 Joomla\CMS\Document\Renderer\Html\ModuleRenderer->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/ModulesRenderer.php:50 11 Joomla\CMS\Document\Renderer\Html\ModulesRenderer->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:565 12 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->getBuffer() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:848 13 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_renderTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:633 14 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:1017 15 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:714 16 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:299 17 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:61 18 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32

The site is inaccesible !! This is really bad and should not happen !!! Please fix NOW !!

10 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #109516

Not really, I have not found this issue on my localhost. Hopefully, it will not arise on the future versions. Also, your codes will be the same even if we update the template. So, you do not have to worry.

RB
Ronny Buelund
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109502

And have you also fixed this in your own code base, so this does not happen again upon next update ??

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #109501

Apology for the inconvenience. I have fixed your issue. Please check your site.

I have modified templates/luxyort/html/mod_menu/default_heading.php line 35

from

if ($item->getParams->get('menu_text', 1))

to

if ($item->getParams() && $item->getParams()->get('menu_text', 1))
RB
Ronny Buelund
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109460

So what I would like you to do now:

• Log onto the site
  • Update Helix Ultimate Framework from 2.0.11 2o 1.0.12 (I have disabled the update site - so you have to enable it again)
  • See that the frontpage is broken
  • Correct the error
  • Tell me what was wrong so this does not happen again.
RB
Ronny Buelund
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109457

So now I could not wait any longer. I had to roll the site back to a previous backup. This is so poor support !!! Really really bad! You roll out an update to the Helix framework that breaks the site and do nothing about it for over 4 days!!

RB
Ronny Buelund
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109362

Please take a look NOW! I need this fixed now!

RB
Ronny Buelund
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109350

I have added the access here. Please write how you fix this error, so it will not happen again the next time you update the template.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #109347

Hello Ronny Buelund

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

RB
Ronny Buelund
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109287

BUMP !!! This needs fixing now - the site is down !!! Please respond !!

RB
Ronny Buelund
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109184

It is this line in /plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/mod_menu/default_heading.php that is causing the problem - please fix now !!! The site is down !!!

line 35: if ($item->getParams->get('menu_text', 1))