Website Blank After Upgrade SP Page Builder Pro 4 - Question | JoomShaper

Website Blank After Upgrade SP Page Builder Pro 4

K

kanyaros

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I upgrade SPPB Pro from latest 3.xx to 4, after that my website is blank!! Update all your extension until 17 Mar., but still blank today.

The log message from our hosting report : Got error 'PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ';' or '{' in (our route website/backuponupdate.php on line 226\n

I don't know how to fix it.

Our template is Helix ultimate 2.0.12

5 Answers
‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110103

Hello kanyaros,

please disable Akeeba Backup or change PHP-Version to 7.4 and refresh the page.
Another user at the Akeeba Support Forum had the same issue.

https://www.akeeba.com/support/akeeba-backup-3x/35355:parse-error-syntax-error-unexpected-expecting-or-in-home-customer-public-html-plugins-system-backupo.html

The Problem was related to an old PHP-Version. "< 7.0"
If you still have this problem, please contact the Akeeba Support.

Have a nice day and good luck.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #110119

My idea (tested 50x times) is:

Before you will upgrade Joomla from 3.10 to 4.x disable all extra installed plugins (!) also from component. In general you can uinstall Akeeba or similar backup extension one minute before CMS upgrade, later you can install a new version, right.

Then after Joomla 4.2.x will be active and working, you can uninstall or enable them one by one. And then you will be sure which one make the mess or not. It's method used also by repairs workshops.

K
kanyaros
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110172

Hi Rashida,

My PHP old version 7.4, after I upgrade to ver. 8, the website can't access. So I downgrand to ver 7.4 again, it's work.

H Jens,

Oh, I see. I upgrade akeeba version before upgrade SPPB 4, but our old PHP before upgrade is ver. 7.4, the SPPB 3 still work, but it's not work with PHP 8. And then I upgrade SPPB 4, my website was disappeared.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reccommend, I'll try this way.

Than you all you guys for kind support.

K
kanyaros
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #111694

Hi Paul,

I do as per your advice for upgrade Joomla 3 to 4. But it failed and noticed that the problem is Helix. After that my host restore for last back up 3 days ago. The result is I cannot access the admin dashboard Joomla.

It shown as below. How to fix it?

An error has occurred. 0 Class 'Joomla\Console\Application' not found