Navigation - Question | JoomShaper

Navigation

Richard Sparks

Richard Sparks

Feature Request 3 years ago

I need a navigation menu that has sub menu items. I don't see how this is possible. I would love to be able to move the menu items and place them like wordpress does on the backend. I have tried adding nav menus in as Joomla modules but the nav menu loses expandability. I assume the javascript and css isn't reaching the nav menu. When I add my own javascript into the HTML addon and try to use that it blows up the page.

13 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12645

Hi. For clarity, I am not a member of the joomshaper team.

Pavel, You make a navigation addon just for creating menus.

Addon navigation is not a menu. This can be called pseudo menu. And it is not connected with Joomla Core Menus. The essence of this addon is that it allows you to create and group links manually. Its use is relevant only on Ledding Page with anchor links. In general, I believe that this is a rather successful addon (IMO).

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #14700

Hi Luiting Steve,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us:)

Regards

Richard Sparks
Richard Sparks
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12578

Yes. I am only using pagebuilder inside of Gantry 5. I am not able to convert to a Helix template from Gantry for at least a year. The nav is not expandable but "Accordian" is, which is strange. I could possibly make an expanded side menu out of that I suppose. I am working here at the moment.

https://www.cablecenter.org/programs/the-barco-library-history-2021

In order to get around not having a side accordian menu I used the navigation menu and then for the collapsable part I used the accordian and added a navigation addon into the accordian. Then, I made the accordian title appear to be the last menu item. With zero margin at top it appears to be part of the menu. Why couldn't the accordian be redesigned to be a navigation with collapsable option? I can't just add a link. Maybe I could if I added a button into the accordian and then reformatted the buttons to look like menu items? This is so frustrating.

Richard Sparks
Richard Sparks
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12588

I can't accept the answer because I am using pagebuilder in another template. It would simply be too much work for one person to rebuild the site at this time in a completely different template. A simple, basic collapsable menu navigation addon is all I needed.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12595

Hi. Menu creation is related to joomla core and template. The page builder is not designed for this.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12596

You can use css and js to make the menu as you need from the standard menu module

Richard Sparks
Richard Sparks
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12597

Interesting. I tried that and the same JS and CSS I used in a module to copy the look of a menu for a work around did not work in sppagebuilder. Basically, the page simply broke and everything looked like code on the page. I used the HTML addon and dropped the same safe code I used before. My guess is that this caused a code conflict with sppagebuilder. To fix the issue I had to go to the backend and delete the module from the article page that had the JS in it. The page came back after that but now I am reluctant to put JS in anything. But, having said that, you're pagebuilder is the best thing I have ever seen and has saved my weeks of work doing coding with the old Gantry template. It saved me for sure. It's so close to perfect that I wish you had a collapsable nav addon example.

Richard Sparks
Richard Sparks
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12598
Richard Sparks
Richard Sparks
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12599

Pavel, You make a navigation addon just for creating menus. Saying that it is part of the core and not your issue isn't really an answer. Your navs are not part of the core to begin with. I'm not stupid.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12600

HTML addon is for html code only. Not for js. Sp Page builder is not a programming environment. Use the css and js files included to the template in order to customize the menu module as you want. Then you can publish this module inside Page builder.

Richard Sparks
Richard Sparks
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12601

Thanks. My mistake. That explains the code breaking issue. I just assumed raw html meant anything like JS and CSS. You guys have no idea how cool this is for me. I have been a designer since 1991 and have been waiting for visual pagebuilders. I come from an artistic background and only learned code to make websites work. My dream has always been to be able to drag and drop to build sites. I still can't with other pagebuilders. Your pagebuilder, as far as I know, is the only one that works in articles and modules apart from a template provided by the builder of one. I have tried a few and simply waited until one showed up for Joomla like this one. And, that was exactly what I needed. My plan is to convert to Helix when things slow down and I don't have so many content changes happening.

Richard Sparks
Richard Sparks
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #14679

What I did to make this work was to put the Navigation Menu Module into an SPPagebuilder Module and added the CSS back into the new SPmodule. The JavaScript worked then even though I added in the CSS manually which I copied and pasted from the CSS file. So, the CSS wasn't being read nor the JavaScript. The solution was to take the standard Joomla Nav Module and put it into a new SPPagebuilder Module. Then readd the CSS in the SPPagebuilder Module. The JavaScript from the original Nav Module worked where as it did not before.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #12577

Hi there!

Which template you are using, please?

However, here is documentation for Helix Ultimate framework:

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helixultimate/navigation

You can use the predefined header or even you can create your own custom header.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYPgWAWzXpM

You just need to choose a menu within your navigation tab of the template options.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards