Feature Box Addon - Nowhere To Put Alt Text When Using An Image Rather Than An Icon - Question | JoomShaper

Feature Box Addon - Nowhere To Put Alt Text When Using An Image Rather Than An Icon

CS

Charles Southgate

Feature Request 2 years ago

Hi,

When using the Feature Box add-on, there is nowhere to add alt text for any image used. Is there a way around this, or can be it be added as a fix in the next version?

Many thanks.

4 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19686

Hello

Thank you for your query. Kindly allow me some time, i will look into this and get back to you in a moment.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19688

The item title is actually the alt text.

Kindly see the attachment https://prnt.sc/if1myf

If your template does not override Feature addon, Addon Title is used for image ALT.

alt.pngalt-2.png

CS
Charles Southgate
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #19693

Thanks for your quick response! In some cases, I may not want the feature box to have a title because the image contains text or information. Therefore, I think a work around might have to be -

Add a title that works as alt text > Set the title font size and line height to zero > Title isn't visible but is still in the 'code'.

Only thing is, I'm not sure search engines would treat text at o font size as 'usable' alt text. Do you know/think this would be a reasonable work-around?

Thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #21735

Hello Charles Southgate

Sorry, this feature does not exist. But I will share your feedback with the developers.

Best regards