Menu Title Routing To Home Page - Question | JoomShaper

Menu Title Routing To Home Page

MS

Martin Seidl

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi Team,

I dont want the menu titles of mega menu to be links that route towards home page, it should be just a title, no mouse over hover. how to do that? see mega menu here https://mero.arkiadesign.de/

24 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20641

Hello

Thank you for your query. Kindly allow me some time, i will look into it and get back to you soon.

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #20643

Salam Ariba and thnx! I would say my case is a problem for many helix users...

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #20649

the same is here on another project: http://bio.arkiadesign.de/ see main menu item title "Bioökonimie" if i click on, i get back to index page....there should be no link...

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20654

Walaikum Assalam

Kindly check the screenshot below

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 3.05.20 AM.png

If you only want to show a menu as title, you can edit that menu item like shown in the screenshot. In that case, keep the Menu Item Type as URL and Link as #

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #20705

Salam Ariba, thank you but this is only half solution for still there is mouse hover action. it should be plain text. I know one solution but this is more work: I can create modules with text addon and via mega menu I can embed it in the right place but this is unusual act in the menu....

another question: why do I always get 2 mails if you send one post???

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20727

You can edit the Menu- from Mega menu tab provide a custom class as shown in the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.05.26 PM.png

You can add this code in Custom CSS just like i have added in the screenshot below: Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.08.54 PM.png

.custom-title-menu a:hover, .custom-title-menu a:focus, .custom-title-menu a:active {
    color: black !important;
}

Regarding the two emails, i am sorry but i don't know the reason behind that.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20967

Hello

Could you kindly let me know if it is working now? Please do let me know if there is any other issue, i am happy to provide answers. If there is no other query, kindly accept the response in order to resolve and close the issue.

Thank you

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #21054

Hi Ariba, I am not really happy with this solution and my customers arent as well. In Joomla Core I can have a menu item ("seperator") just as plain text without hover and #. it seems it is an issue of your framework. As example see my website https://www.arkiadesign.de/ see menu item in main menu "tee"

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #22421

Hello

Thank you for your patience. It is not actually an issue of the framework, kindly check the screenshot provided above, you will find the option there to do that. If there is any other problem, can you kindly specify so that i can understand better and look into it.

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22428

I saw the screenshots, but they change only the hover behaviour......mouse hover > hand comes and if I click on it I get .../# it should not be clickable

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #22513

You can use the following code in custom css to make it not clickable: Also, please set menu link type as "mega menu heading" to avoid '#'

.custom-full-menu:hover >a {
    cursor: default;
    pointer-events: none;
}
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22521

sorry this does not help. see https://www.biooekonomierat-bayern.de/ with Menut item: "Bioökonomie" I also added the class custom-full-menu to the menu item, still no succes

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22532

Hi. Try this (For Bioökonimie item. You have class nohand in this item )

.nohand {
    pointer-events: none;
    color: inherit !important;
}

Add the same class to any other items where you need this behavior.

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22533

Dear Pavel, thnx, on desktop it works but on mobile view I cant open the drop down submenu under "Bioökonomie"

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22548

Hi. Add this code

.nohand .menu-toggler {
    pointer-events: all;
}
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #22621

Thank you Pavel, appreciate your response.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22643

Hi Ariba . You are wellcome

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22690

Dear Pavel, you are my hero!!! Thnx a lot for the code, now after all it is how i wanted it. Just great! cheers, martin

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22718

Hi Martin. You are wellcome

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30484

Hi Pavel, I use your code with "nohand" on also this website: 2021.tierportal-muenchen.de/

Now there is no hand on desktop view on the menu item "Veranstaltungen" which is fine, but on mobile view I cant get to the related submenu items. what to do? see here http://www.responsinator.com/?url=2021.tierportal-muenchen.de%2F

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30489

...it seems there was an update. now it is not necessary to implement extra code "nohand". I can configure it on menu items joomla level. :-)

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30526

Hi Martin. Try this code

@media (max-width: 991px) {
    .menu-separator .menu-toggler {
        width: 100%;
        height: 100%;
    }
    .menu-separator .menu-toggler::after {
        position: absolute;
        right: 0;
    }
}
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30528

it is not not necessary any more, for in latest helix update it seems that you fixed this prob. now I just use menu itm seperator and it works without any extra code

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30529

This code for the Menu Seperator would be fully clickable in the mobile version, since the default Menu-Toggler is very small and it is very difficult to push it by a finger.

(I'm not a member of the team, just a user)