Helix 3 /Joomla 4 Compability - Upgrade - Question | JoomShaper

Helix 3 /Joomla 4 Compability - Upgrade

K

kweb

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi there, I have a general question. I am in the situation that a customer wants a big update for his website. This update would take a lot of work. I have built up his website 4 years ago, using the Helix 3 framework.

Now I am thinking about the upcoming Joomla 4 and the update possibilities with the Helix 3 Framework? Will I be able to upgrade this website in a later time to Joomla 4? Or would you recommend to built up a completely new website using Helix Ultimate. Is there a possibility to upgrade the existing website from Helix 3 to Helix Ultimate?

Btw.: Would be nice to hear a straight answer because I have about 25 websites running with helix 3 aswell.

Thanks, kweb

5 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20684

Hello there,

Please allow us some time and we will get back to you ASAP with the detailed answer.

Thanks!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #20701

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. We will make compatible for Joomla4. But, need time.

-Thanks

K
Kieran Boles
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29702

Hi Toufiq,

Could you give us an update and an idea of the time frame with regard to making Helix 3 compatible for Joomla4.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29746

Hi there,

I'm looking for the same thing, running Helix 3 with News365.

Would be awesome if some of these older, still very nice, functional template designs would get updated to Helix Ultimate.

Kind regards, John

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #29797

Hello everyone,

Already you have come to know that Joomla 4 is released and so our Helix Ultimate 2.x.x is. Helix Ultimate 2.x.x is compatible with Joomla 4 and Joomla 3.10, however the templates based on Helix Ultimate aren't compatible yet.

We highly recommend every one not to update to the latest version if they have already running site as it might break the site. A full site backup is a must to do before changing anything for now.

Helix 3 and all the templates based on it will be updated soon as well after the Helix Ultimate based templates. Our dev-team is wroking on it.

To know more about it, please go through the blog post, it will help you a lot.

Thanks for being with us.