After Installed Quickstart Post Installation is Not Resetting - Question | JoomShaper

After Installed Quickstart Post Installation is Not Resetting

G

Ginius

Template 2 years ago

AfterI Installed Quickstart setup for the new Pitech template I see in the top a Post Installation Message. If I click on it, I don't see any message. There is a 'Reset Message' button, but that is dinging nothing.

To be sure if it has to do with Jooma 4.0.2, I installed Joomla withou the template and there it is working. Looking in the database I see more messages that the default Joomla Installation.

It's very annyoing that I can't reset the message so I can see it. Seems the Joomla in the QuickAdmin Package is not good.

Did some investigation. Compare to the default Joomla setting, the url to show messages is:

/administrator/index.php?option=com_postinstall&eid=211

In the Pitech installation it is:

/administrator/index.php?option=com_postinstall&eid=700

When I change it to 211 I see all messages, can hide and show them. But the link in the Post Installation message is ending again on 700

Any suggestion what I can do?

31 Answers
G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33324

It;s not so difficult just folow the steps below:

1. Istall the QuickSetup on an clean hosting.
  2. Login in administrator
  3. On the top right you see Post Installation Messages with the ammout of messages
  4. clik on it.
  5. You don't see any message
  6. Reset message
  7. Nothing happens.
  8. Change in the top url 700 to 211
  9. the message appears

Hope this is helpfull

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33299

Hello there,

Would you mind giving us a screenshot of the exact page with the error message shown on the display so that we can understand the issue better?

Thanks!

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33424

Here you can find a video wher I reproduce this issue.

https://vimeo.com/601831525

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #34008

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well.

I have gone through it and found the similar issue as well.

Though it won't create such problems, it will be fixed in the next update hopefully. Thank you for sharing your finding with us.

Have a nice day!

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34022

Thanks for hyou answer.

Easy to say 'it won't create such problems'. For tecnical point of view I agree, but from admin point of view, read as end-users, not. They thinking why is there a message I can't see. Is the site broken? What are they hiding.

Below there a a work-arround to hide the button.

Work arround

If you see in gthe admin view in the right top bar a buttonen called Post Installation Message follow the next steps:

1. Click on the button at the top called Post Installation Message
  2. The url in the address bar will contain index.php?option=compostinstall&eid=700
  3. Change 700 to 211 in the url bar and press enter
  4. CLick on the button Hide all messages
  5. The Posti Insallation message will disapear at the top of the admin view.

That's all.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35479

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well.

It will be solve in the next update. Most importantly, by saying it won't create such problems, I didn't mean that it won't be fixed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice day!

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #44433

We did update at the database table the component ID for all messages from 211 to 700 and now works Ok without editing the url.

Hope this is helpful

Thanks for the post and explanation

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #44667

You are most welcome. Will you please spend some to write a review about our product and support quality? 

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/sp-page-builder/

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #44683

Hi Toufiq

Please see my comment on hidden content

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #44690

Sorry mate. Last reply was my mistake. Thanks

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #54132

It is still npt soveled. See also my other post

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #54221

@Ginius give me administrator access to check the issue. Thanks

Genadijs
Genadijs
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141204

Hi!? Sorry, a year has passed and the problem with "After Installed Quickstart Post Installation is Not Resetting" has not been resolved?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141627

Can you share a screencast video about the full scenario?

S
Seppe
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107212

Seems like we are 1 year later... I installed J4 and Helix for the first time. I still have the message that there are 4 messages.. after clicking the button.. there is nothing to see.

this didn't happen yet:

it will be fixed in the next update hopefully

S
ssnobben
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #142904

YES PLEASE FIX IT.

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #142942

It is always a burden to link priorities to development tasks. Especially when software is constantly being developed. However, it should not be the case that cases remain on the table for more than two years. Usually these are things like "nice-to-have", but this is not "nice-to-have", but undermines the Joomla functionality. If this is not addressed, then I am concerned about other issues that have been lying around for a long time.

Come on Joomshaper team, you have shown that not all your choices have always turned out to be the right ones (think of removing the back-end from Joomshaper), but afterwards you have reverted them again. Pick this up now and listen to your valuable users.

Leaving this issue on the table for more than two years is far too long.

Accepted Answer
3 months ago #143258

Same issue here. So, so annoying.

May I make a suggestion? Take a 90 day hiatus from developing and spend that 90 days just resolving these issues. Hopefully then the development team can proceed with a clean slate afterwards.

I think most users would appreciate JoomShapers demonstration of of ensuring they provide us a top notch product. I know I would. Not to mention your quality of support rates booming.

M
Mocer
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144310

Same issue here with the Investa template. Change the url from 700 to 211 won't show a button 'Hide all messages', but still a button 'Reset Messages'. Pressing this won't change a thing.

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144318

Hi,

This is because sometimes is not "700" or "211"

2 workarrounds I hope helps, I am a user like most of you.

1.- If you do not have access to the database, J5 shows a dropdown list to select the meessages from "Joomla CMS System" or "211" or whatever. Please see screen capture:

https://prnt.sc/WsqoV9INTBLd

2.- If you do have access to the database you need to know the right ID for the link and correct it at the "postinstall_messages" table in my case the wrong ID is 229 so I changed to the right one 700 (I kept one wrong for the example).

https://prnt.sc/btkghtOnekn6

I used PHPmyadmin to correct it:

https://prnt.sc/8CyCD6IaieWz

M
Mocer
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144333

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for replying! I'm still using Joomla 4, because I'm not confident the Investa template is 100% J5 compatible. So, I can't see the dropdown list, but the present URL is 700. Is that the correct one to change in all instances within the "postinstall_messages" table?

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144368

Hi Remco

Yes, if the URL indicates "700" on the "extensions_ID" field as shown on the example:

https://prnt.sc/8CyCD6IaieWz

just edit it and change the value by 700. You can try first with just one message.

I left one of the messages with extension_id 229 on purpose to show the dropdown as example.

Just change in one message and you will see one message instead four, the ones you do not edit to the correct ID will not be shown.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #144326

Follow this process to install quickstart pack

1. Create my.cnf file on this file location /Applications/MAMP/conf/my.cnf
  2. https://prnt.sc/KRbIoUECG-_8
  3. Add this code inside the my.cnf file.
    [mysqld]
    max_allowed_packet = 64M
M
Mocer
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144334

Hi Toufiq,

Really don't have a clue what you mean with this process??

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #144340

You need to increase the memory limit of mysql. Thanks

M
Mocer
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144372

Hi Toufiq,

Why do I need to increase the memory limit of mysql? Wat has that to do with this issue?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #144393

Please ignore it. I have shared for those who can't install the quickstart package. Thanks

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144336

HOw can it bel that this is stil excisiting? Why is not using the normal Joomla way and just using 211. I realy don't know what the idea behind this all is to using in the package 700. As you can see it is confusing for a lot of users.

I persective of Joomshaper the user needs to fix the issue even it is something coused my the package. Strange.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #144341

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue?

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144344

I amnot able todo the test roght now, but what has the memory limitds todo whith the 700 and 211?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #144367

Your issue is not related with the memory. Can you provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue?