Helix Ultimate 2.0.5 Still does Not Work In Multilanguage - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate 2.0.5 Still does Not Work In Multilanguage

L

lluis

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Clean installation of Joomla 3.10.2, 4 languages installed as standard. 4 template styles each assigned to a language with a corresponding menu.

Only the menu appears in the default language.

Not tested on Joomla 4

https://ibb.co/BtMjShX https://ibb.co/kSTXwzw https://ibb.co/wdcy05C

54 Answers
J
jakob.beyeler
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #64743

Sorry guys, hopefully not enough. This needs to be fixed. That's not a question. Or do you drive your car into the garage with a problem and hopefully the mechanic will fix it? What would you think about such a garage. Very bad don't you think?

That's exactly what your reaction is about bugs in your products. If we're in a good mood, we might do a fix. Let's hope we're in a good mood.

This can't be serious for a company that claims to have the best page builder, the best template framework. Or what do you think?

H
Holger
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #64160

Hi Ofi, we do our very best !!! ;-) Please "listen" to the problems and fix it as fast as you can. Stéphans "Falang" component is the easiest and best solution for multilingual sites in Joomla. So it's important that it works together with the good Joomshaper stuff (helix framework and PS page builder) - especially for those like me with websites with mixed content (some realised in SP Pagebuilder and some in native Joomla content articles) Thanks - Holger

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34323

Hi. Workaround - assign template styles to menu items.

I confirm the purpose of the style template for the language does not have any effect. Still from Helix 1.1.4

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34325

Hi Pavel, they were already assigned, it doesn't work

https://ibb.co/gb8mtrj

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34327

Hi Pavel, the alternative solution works, but is not the way it should work correct? It's a bug I guess?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34329

Yes I think it's bug

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34333

Thanks Pavel for your answer, the same bug I reported for Helix Ultimate 2.0.4. It is important and urgent to correct this error, no multilanguage site can work correctly with Helix Ultimate 2.0.5.

In Joomla 4 it also happens.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34335

Yes, I agree with you. Nevertheless, the workaround works reliably. Do not worry if you make the site for a client. Just need a little more handmade.

But of course it should be corrected. I hope Joomshaper Team will pay attention to this.

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34339

The alternative solution works, it worries me a lot, if the web has 5 languages and 23 menu items per language... ;(

Thanks

Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #34436

Hello lluis,

Thanks for contacting with us. And @Pavel thanks for the explanation. The team will fix the bug soon.

-Regards

GP
Gianluca Pantaleo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35898

Hello, same problem here in helix ultimate 2.0.5. Need a fix asap, please.

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35903

It's the same with Falang for Joomla on Joomal 4/Falang 4 When the helix plugin is enabled. the language loaded in the plugin are not right one Factory::getApplication()->getLanguage()->getTag(); or Factory::getLanguage()->getTag();

the language loaded is not the current site language.

Stéphane

Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #36231

Hello there

Please take our sincere apology. We have identified the bug. It will be fixed on the next Update.

Thanks for your patience .

-Regards

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #37524

Hello Anne, any forecast on the update of the Helix Ultimate 2 that solved these problems? Not a priority for the team? I'm glad they are releasing new templates and updates, but if we can't use them on multilingual sites for our clients, it's of no use to us. We are losing a month of our membership as we cannot do anything without a working framework. I think you don't consider this fact

H
[email protected]
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38819

Please remember that the workaround doesn't fix wrong page language! This will be generated for every language. <html lang="en-gb" dir="ltr"> For german p.a. it should be <html lang="de-de" dir="ltr">

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42247

Hi,

Perhaps you can give us some info about the fix to put it directly in our code.

Best regards, Stéphane

JM
Jeremy Magne
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42267

As per my research, the Factory::getLanguage() function is called too early by the onAfterInitialise() function event of the plugin.

If you comment out the $template = Helper::loadTemplateData(); instruction, the problem disapears. Below the modified function while waiting for a definitive fix

public function onAfterInitialise()
    {
        //$template = Helper::loadTemplateData();

//if (isset($template->template) && !empty($template->template))
        //{
            $bootstrapPath = JPATH_ROOT . '/plugins/system/helixultimate/html/layouts/libraries/cms/html/bootstrap.php';

if ($this->app->isClient('site') && \file_exists($bootstrapPath))
            {
                if (!class_exists('HelixBootstrap'))
                {
                    require_once $bootstrapPath;
                }

HTMLHelper::register('bootstrap.tooltip', ['HelixBootstrap', 'tooltip']);
                HTMLHelper::register('bootstrap.popover', ['HelixBootstrap', 'popover']);
            }
        //}
    }

Jeremy https://www.DayCounts.com

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42361

Just to confirm the fix from Jeremy work fine with Falang

in the file plugins/system/helixultimate/helixultimate.php replace the onAfterInitialise() function line 70 to

{

$bootstrapPath = JPATH_ROOT . '/plugins/system/helixultimate/html/layouts/libraries/cms/html/bootstrap.php';

{
            {
            }

}
    }

The problem is due to the Helper::loadTemplateData(); it's done before the language set properly in Joomal and the menu is loaded and cached with the false language.

Stéphane Falang Team www.faboba.com

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42393

Do everything possible to solve this problem, it is very serious that, after more than two months, it still has not been solved. None of your multilanguage templates can be updated, none of the new ones can be used in multilanguage. A little communication with clients would be appreciated.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #42462

Hello Guys,

Apology for the delay and inconvenience. This issue will be fixed in the next version. However, you can install this fix. It will solve the issue for now. But please take a full site backup before this for safety.

helix-ultimate-205.zip

Best regards

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42494

Ok, it's done now in the onAfterDispatch event and no more in the onAfterInitialise

It's work now out of the box on my system (with Falang)

Best regards, Stéphane Falang Team www.faboba.com

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #42505

Thanks for your confirmation :)

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #59609

Hi,

The bug is back in 2.0.7 you put back in the onAfterInitialise() the load bootstrap.

/**
 * The application initialization event.
 * @return  void
 * @since   4.0.7
 */
{
    $this->registerBootstrap();
}

Stéphane Falang Team

G
gourou
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #59620

really this soft will never be without bugs

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #59933

Hi,

i think a fix can be this

/**
     * Register the missing bootstrap methods tooltip and popover.
     * @return void
     * @since 2.0.6
     * @since 2.0.8 don't test template not necessary and load the menu before the language is set
     */
    private function registerBootstrap()
    {

{
            {
            }

}
    }

the test on template seem not very usefull when the helixplugin plugin is published it's always set and the value is not used.

$template = Helper::loadTemplateData();

if (isset($template->template) && !empty($template->template))

Stéphane Falang Team

H
Holger
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #62979

Hi i had problems with Falang and Helix 2.0.7 (Error 403 and 404). Tested with SEF "on" and "off" - doesn't work. Solution for me: Delete Helix Framework Plugin and install Helix Ultimate 2.0.6 completly new. So Helix Framework and Template are in Version 2.0.6 Now Falang component do it's job as expected. Thanks to Stéphane for the hint to this post.

Hope Joomshaper Team will fix the error quickly so we can update to 2.0.X

Best regards - Holger

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #63688

Stéphane, thanks for alerting me to this post for my related issue posted at https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/11764.

I guess the safest thing for me (non-programmer) is to wait for Joomshaper to follow this ticket and fix 2.07 for a new release? I will monitor this page carefully since it seems Joomshaper cannot simply respond that the template is fine, and I need better extensions ;-).

Thanks,

Allen

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #63690

I wish you luck Allen, they ignore me :(

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #64155

Apology for the experience, guys. Our developer team will follow this thread. We are not facing issues with multilingual sites. However, we have not tested for any third-party conflicts like Falang. So, we depend on you guys to report the issues. Hopefully, developer team will apply the fixes. Also, I would like to thank whoever trying to help the community.

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #64254

@Ofi Khan, This forum issue posted by @bouey also relates to issue I posted at https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/11764.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Regards,

Allen

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #64800

I'm glad that after 6 months the issue has reached the programmers' table. I don't understand this lack of coordination, as the colleague @jakob.beyeler says:" his can't be serious for a company that claims to have the best page builder, the best template framework. "

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #66175

Please do not get me wrong by the words. We are serious about the issue and the dev team are already working on it. It will be fixed in the next update. Thanks all for the feedback.

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #66310

I am following this thread to compare our progress on similar issues I posted at https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/11764. I explained that Stéphane's (@bouey) helixultimatephp plugin posted to github 7 months ago (https://github.com/JoomShaper/helix-ultimate/tree/master/plugins/system/helixultimate) seems to fix some of my issues, but the development team can't find time to investigate even though I set up a staging site solely to make issue investigation easy. The staging site was set up weeks ago, my ticket was assigned to the development team, and nobody has touched the staging site since.

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67183

Helix Ultimate 2.0.8 released. It doesn't work in multilanguage. I don't say anything else because I'm quite angry @Ofi Khan

GP
Gianluca Pantaleo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67188

Same problem here and angry. It is more than a few months with this problem. What are developer doing??? I'I'm paying user with license in other your product. Respect us!

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67291

Joomshaper team is coordinated? Your will is to ignore the problem? Listen to the users and fix the multilanguage problem in Helix Ultimate

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67297

Problem commented on your twitter, it may be more effective, so they stop ignoring us

R
Rein
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67462

I totally agree on this. It´s really a shame that many issues still aren´t fixed after 7 months of waiting while the community pinpoints exactely where the critical problems exist in the code. How can it be that such problems, added to the working board, aren´t fixed after months and several updates in between. You advertise Helix Ultimate as the best Joomla framework, sorry but version 2 is far from that right now. I am still on J3 with HU1.1.4 on a couple of critical sites as long as these problems persist although I would love to migrate them to Joomla 4 with a stable Helix Ultimate 2 without these bugs. Please take the feedback of your customers serious and fix these problems asap, it can not be that it takes more than 4 releases to fix a problem.

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67539

I'm stuck on J3 and HU1.1.4 too, since Joomshaper simply won't address the issues. Terrible.

Edze de Boer
Edze de Boer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67551

Hello Ofi Khan,

In Admin of my website I see: Extensions - Manage: shaper_helixultimate 2.0.8 System - Helix Ultimate Framework 2.0.8

Do I delete both of them before installing helix-ultimate-205.zip ?

In the meantime I downloaded helix-ultimate-205.zip and installed it. Now I see: Extensions - Manage: shaper_helixultimate 2.0.5 System - Helix Ultimate Framework 2.0.8

There is no improvement on the website. How can I downgrade the Framework as well?

Kind regards, Edze de Boer

B
Bernd
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68081

Hi Joomshaper Team, after spending weeks to try and find a possible languange bug on my site, I finally stumbled across this forum thread. I have exactly the same problem as everybody else. I've built an extensive multilingual site using Helix Ultimate as Template and Falang as translation service, which so far has worked great. Unfortunately, after upgrading my site in a test environment (both in Joomla 3 and Joomal 4) there are constantly problems with Helix Ultimate. At one stage I even had to downgrade back to Helix 3 to get things to work properly. My main site is therefore still stuck on older versions, both Joomla and Helix primarily due to the language errors in Helix Ultimate. This is far from ideal. The multi-language error is a SERIOUS error, which, if not fixed, will force me to look at an alternative template framework system - completely moving away from Helix and with it probably unfortunately also SP Page Builder. A multilingual site is general standard these days. It is simply not acceptable to just state "create multiple templates for the various languages". Creating multiple templates and with it multiple menus for each language has significant downsides in both development as well as website performance and search engine optimization. I really do hope that the comments and problems described in this threat are being taking seriously and addressed as a matter of urgency. And yes, the same problem with multi-language still exists in the latest version 2.0.8. I hope you will be able to release a new FIXED version very soon (rather within days not weeks or months).

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #68130

Edze de Boer

Yes, uninstall the plugin. Then install the template file again. Then the plugin version will update.

Edze de Boer
Edze de Boer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68223

Hi guys,

Just to be sure that I use default software, I built a Joomla 3.10.8 website with the Helix Ultimate v2.0.8 template and the FaLang 3.10.4 Basic Language Switcher.

For a webshop like J2Store it is important to use FaLang, because we want to place all products and stock in one database, regardless of the used language.

PHP 7.4.28.

I have no problems whatsoever with multi languages.

https://edzedeboer.nl/joomla310x/en/

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68227

It's not about whether it works with falang or not falang, it's about the framework's multilanguage not working

Edze de Boer
Edze de Boer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68228

Hi Lluis,

I suppose you mean using the default Joomla Language Switcher instead of the FaLang Language Switcher in combination with Helix Ultimate 2.0.8? I will also test that combination.

Edze de Boer
Edze de Boer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68229

Hi guys,

I installed Joomla 3.10.8 with Dutch as second language, during installation I chose Use Multi Language, with examples Article (en-gb) and Artikel (nl-nl). During installation the Joomla System - Language Filter is activated and the Joomla Language Switcher installed. Working fine without and with Helix Ultimate 2.0.8.

https://edzedeboer.nl/joomlang/en/

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68231

It works if you assign each menu item to the corresponding template, as the current Helix Ultimate documentation says. This documentation has been modified to hide the bug, but in this video you can see how Helix Ultimate multilanguage originally worked. That's how it should work. The bug is recognized by the joomshaper team, what there is is no solution. Try it my friend and see. https://youtu.be/tjWBb6k4sg4

Edze de Boer
Edze de Boer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68331

Hi Lluis,

I copied the helix ultimate template and named them shaper_helixultimate-EN shaper_helixultimate-NL

In Details - Template Options: Menu: Main Menu (en-GB) Menu: Main Menu (nl-NL)

https://edzedeboer.nl/joomlang/en/

The only thing that I changed is:

In Menu Assignment for each template: Toggle Selection Main Menu (en-GB), items Home EN and Contact EN Toggle Selection Main Menu (nl-NL), items Home NL and Contact NL

I linked the Menu-items to the SPPB Pages.

Everything is working fine.

W
webfeuerflo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68483

how can it be, that this still does not work on 2.0.8???

Stephane from falang provides a fix, but you have to manually change a plugin-file. why can't this be merged finally???

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #68487

Hello all,

We appreciate your patience on this matter. Our Developers have also identified it. We will include this in the next release hopefully. Please allow us some time for the update.

Best regards

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69108

It seems that the Joomshaper team has found the solution to the problem of multilingual sites. Please go through this thread and check

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/12041

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69194

Thanks for the feedback. We will release the update this week.

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69434

The last version work fine with Falang multilanguage system, i see you change the code of the registerBootstrap function

you don't use this anymore

$template = Helper::loadTemplateData();

if (isset($template->template) && !empty($template->template))
    {

Best regards, Stéphane

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #64718

Thanks for posting. I see that that it is already on the developer table. Hopefully, it will fix soon.