Successful Migration But Broken Layout - Question | JoomShaper

Successful Migration But Broken Layout

H

HDcms

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hello,

I just migrated a site to joomla 4. everything works fine but the layout is broken. I followed the tutorial https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/template-views-override to move shaper_helixultimate/html/com_content/article/alterweb.info.php => shaper_helixultimate/overrides/com_content/article/alterweb.info.php I declared it in a hidden menu in the main menu As you can see on the 2 sites:

Regards

35 Answers
H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #43745

Problem solved by your colleague Not sure I understand everything; regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #43674

Please share a screenshot if you have still issues with it.

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #43492

Yes indeed, it should not be simple. It works better even if I don't have the information of the problem!? and there is still this problem displaying "home not used" and the category missing!? while I didn't touch the site after the migration

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #43460

I am really sorry for the delay. I tried my best but could not fix it. I have taken my supervisor's assistance. Your issue is fixed now. Please check and confirm me.

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42607

I did what you asked. If you don't understand or don't want to help, just say so. I'm certainly not going to put a positive review when you're making me wait for 1 month on this subject

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42240

HI Ok the tabs reappear following a change of setting, perhaps due to the change of joomla 4, because I do not remember to have changed this setting. The problems and previous questions are identical!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #42162

Article layout is completely different from Helix Ultimate article design. On the Joomla 3 site, there are numerous System plugin installed and the article view is coming from these. I am guessing that this layout is coming from these. On Joomla 4, it is using Helix Ultimate article design. Please install all the plugins and activate the same article options on Joomla 4 site. Or you can customize Helix Ultimate article design.

On both cases, it is really out of our support now.

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42141

Hi Custom fields econa reactivated (even if I will delete it later). The image is visible However, I can't see the tabs while the selected categories have not been modified and are correct! Do you have any idea about this strange feature? Anyway, this is not what prevents the display of custom fields on the page, because I have the same problem on the other site I talked about recently "clibre" Regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #42134

Please check the two articles from Joomla 3 and Joomla 4. The options are present in Joomla 3 are unavailable for Joomla 4. Could you please make them similar? Then I will try to fix the rest.

Joomla 3: Screenshot at Nov 09 16-23-16.png

Joomla 4: Screenshot at Nov 09 16-23-59.png

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42113

Hi Still not connected and therefore no answers !

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41771

Hi, Yes I understand that it is confusing. Indeed the image is no longer visible now and yet it does not seem to me to have made an action for 15 days apart from the update 4.0.3 -> 4.0.4 !!! Anyway, don't fixate on this image, but on all my other questions

What is strange for me is that this site has a similar architecture the other site whose problem is almost solved. What worries me is that I have other sites with helix ulitmate that I should migrate to joomla 4 and I find it quite difficult.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #41762

I am sorry that it is taking time. I will investigate your issue and will try my best.

The page is not looking like your screenshot. I can't see the images now.

https://j4.alterweb.info/fr/site-web/dialogues-en-humanite

It is somehow confusing. Please share both the J3 and J4 pages and credentials again. I will give you an update tomorrow.

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41737

Hi I have not put a notice on JED (thankfully) nor renewed my subscription. I am waiting for the answer to my questions Thank you for your understanding Regards

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41538

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41536

Hi No, I don't think it's the css that's hiding anything. I have the same architecture as on the site which works almost https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/7799

A/ On j4.alterweb.info , I should see ALL the custom fields even without css ! See ALL the differences (huge) in the html rendering! https://pic.infini.fr/LIxwJuYD/Knwynpgu.png // https://pic.infini.fr/613EH1pt/1kak2JY2.png ; display of the category link, "Home not Used" , custom fields ... between the 2 sites ?

B/ Normally, the alterweb.info overload file should work! I had noted that you had asked to use the override ! https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/template-views-override Now I can use the article override version of joomla 4 I don't need to learn your new specific method mentioned (maybe abandoned; I don't see the point because I rename the file)

Regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #41493

The two articles does not match now. You might have changed things. Joomla 4 article does not have the image. On Joomla 3, there are additional CSS classes. It might be creating differences.

Screenshot at Nov 04 11-56-53.png

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41166

Hi I don't understand what you want!? the overload ? I think maybe you can understand better by logging into the site and answer me if my hypothesis is wrong or right? I just did another migration and I have a similar problem with your template;

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #41143

Apology for the delay. Please export the article and share here in ZIP format. I will check it on my localhost.

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40646

Hi I don't understand. Since 1 week, I confirm that I still have a problem and you don't answer me! I take the SPPB support mainly for Helix ultimate because I have more problem with the template.

If Ofi Khan is not available, can someone else look at this problem? I also see a substitution to check but I don't think this is the cause of the problems mentioned. I will be away tonight until Tuesday
Regards

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40185

Hello, no news! I have upgraded to version 4.0.4, I have the same problem. Should I wait for the next version of helix? Can you take a look at the multilingual site according to my previous message?

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39282

Hi, Did you make a change? the site is no longer in error. For the lazing loading, there is indeed the plugin linked to the images which uses it. I deactivated it, but it doesn't change anything. Can you look at the multisite setting in connection with Helix (but I didn't make any modification) because I find it strange to have the term "Home non utilisé" on all the article pages of the site. It's really strange that I can't display the article layout with the custom fields anymore!

Regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #39265

After inspecting the code, I have found that only in the Joomla 4, the images are loading lazy. Have you used any plugin for this?

Screenshot at Oct 21 13-14-51.png

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39200

HI, The problem is still there once I clear the caches. In addition I rendered html is in error compared to the site in joomla 3 ! Can you look? I had to change the code because of another problem

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38836

Hi, By clearing the caches, I find myself with the same error message previously, without having touched the files "500 behavior::caption not found." !!

Thank you to answer me also to other problems because following the migration joomla 3.10.2 to joomla 4.0.2, without making any other changes, the layout is broken! It seems that it is your new particular system of non-standard overide Thank you for helping me solve these problems Regards

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38586

Hi Ok Otherwise 2/ is still relevant because I have not made any changes between joomla 3 and joomla 4 and I expect to have the same html rendering! can you be more precise about what I have to do? Indeed, compared to the same site under Helix 2.0.5/joomla 3 I have a huge difference in html rendering!!! https://pic.infini.fr/J5MAWkrm/RTd6KJWv.png https://pic.infini.fr/UPQH2tGK/Y6jR55UN.png And the category link display is missing (does this come from helix or Joomla 4 which changes this?) Normally the alterweb.info overload file should work!

Regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38578

I have copied this file plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_content/article/default.php from latest Helix 2.0.5 and pasted in your location: html/com_content/article/default.php

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38576

Hello Thank you for your intervention. The page has no more errors.

Nevertheless 1/ can you tell me what you did or if it's a patch that will be put in the next version (because I have a 2nd very similar site!)

2/ can you be more precise about what I have to do? Indeed, compared to the same site under Helix 2.0.5/joomla 3 I have a huge difference in html rendering! https://pic.infini.fr/J5MAWkrm/RTd6KJWv.png https://pic.infini.fr/UPQH2tGK/Y6jR55UN.png Normally the alterweb.info overload file should work!

Regards And the category link display is missing (does this come from helix or Joomla 4 which changes this?)

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38558

I have fixed the issue. You need to re-arrange the article layout.

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38380

I have just copied the same way: default_links.php => same message.

I can remove it is not necessary?

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38378

HI If I understand correctly, I have to copy shaper_helixultimate/html/com_content/article/default.php in shaper_helixultimate/overrides/com_content/article/default.php

Then I have the message https://j4.alterweb.info/fr/site-web/dialogues-en-humanite :

500 behavior::caption not found.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38365

okay, I am logged in now and checked the issue. There is no default.php file in Joomla 4. Please paste default.php file from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4. Then check the issue.

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38344

it works for me!

Same login on the site in production

Did you take the password when passing in the editor because there is a "*" that is deleted

hM*

!8$*

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38335

Sorry, username and passoword do not match. Please share the other site access too.

H
HDcms
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38281

Hello Thank you for your consideration. I put the css in the template because I must have put it in a wrong place but I have the same problem! regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #38255

Hello HDcms

Please share your administrator access of Both sites here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials.

Best regards