Support Forums

Support Offline : Mon - Fri / 10am - 6pm (GMT +6)

Your Time: Our Time:

Articles returning 403

Featured Lock Resolved Task
Hi,

I am about to work on a project that is going to use Joomla Articles (I never usually do this so excuse my ignorance).

In the SP Page builder, I have used the "Articles" Addon to list my articles - please see here - Website. However, when clicking on an article it returns a 403. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

11 Answers

Tabassum - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Hey there!

There are some reasons for returning 404 error.
1. Update the SP Page Builder latest version. 
2. Check: creating a menu with category blog & choose the blog category. 

Also, the most common reason for this error involves a lack of content - a menu item was supposed to be linked to an article, but the article no longer exists.  For instance, sometimes an article is created and linked to a menu item, but then the category under which the article was saved somehow gets deleted.  In this example, the menu item still exists, but there is no longer an article to view, and the user receives a 404 error.  To fix this specific issue, you 'll have to create some content and link it to the menu item.  The first step is to go to your Article Manager.

Thank you.

Tabassum - Staff

Hey there! Thanks for your query.

1. please make sure the permission for all your files and directories are correctly assigned
2. Also looked at the site error logs in cPanel and Global Configuration on admin panel is there any errors,
This is usually coming from strict permissions or security settings or it can be due to file permissions.

Thank you.

Josh Douglas

1. please make sure the permission for all your files and directories are correctly assigned
2. Also looked at the site error logs in cPanel and Global Configuration on admin panel is there any errors,
This is usually coming from strict permissions or security settings or it can be due to file permissions.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies, I meant a 404 error, not 403. See website

Thanks.

Tabassum - Staff

I go to this link: http://www.stellar.jroot.layer3.co.uk/index.php, but can't get this error.

Thank you.

Josh Douglas

I go to this link: http://www.stellar.jroot.layer3.co.uk/index.php, but can't get this error.

Thank you.

Hi,

It is once you click on "Hats". This link here - http://www.stellar.jroot.layer3.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/hats?catid=21&Itemid=101

Thanks

Tabassum - Staff

Hey there!

Could you share your administrator access via PM?

Thank you.

Josh Douglas

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This will not be possible. What should I edit? I can also provide screenshots

Thanks

Josh Douglas

Hi,

Can someone help me with my issue?

It is happening on this website too - http://www.support02.jroot.layer3.co.uk/index.php/news - click on the articles

Thanks

Josh Douglas

Hey there!
2. Check: creating a menu with category blog & choose the blog category. 

Hi,

This fixed it! Thank you!

:)

Tabassum - Staff

Hey there!

Good to know that. Have a nice day :)

Thank you.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Leaderboard (30 days)

Sifat

Sifat

Total Accepted Answers: 134
Paul Frankowski

Paul Frankowski

Total Accepted Answers: 123
Toufiq

Toufiq

Total Accepted Answers: 64
Pavel

Pavel

Total Accepted Answers: 5
Peter Atkin

Peter Atkin

Total Accepted Answers: 2

100+

Templates

200,000+

Community Users

Newsletter

Don’t miss any updates of our new templates and extensions and all the astonishing offers we bring for you.
We never spam

Joomla! ® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. JoomShaper.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.

Connect Us