Support Forums

Support Offline : Mon - Fri / 10am - 6pm (GMT +6)

Your Time: Our Time:

Countdown Addon Language Strings Not Loading

Featured Lock Resolved Bug
The language strings are defined in en-GB.com_sppagebuilder.ini but they are not being translated on the front-end.

From ini file:

; Tweet Addon
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_TWEET_FOLLOWERS="Followers"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_TWEET_FOLLOW="Follow"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_SECOND="Second"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_SECONDS="Seconds"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_MINUTE="Minute"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_MINUTES="Minutes"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_HOUR="Hour"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_HOURS="Hours"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_DAY="Day"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_DAYS="Days"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_MONTHS="Months"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_MONTH="Month"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_YEAR="Year"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_YEARS="Years"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_AGO="ago"

Front End:

http://aft.com/images/countdown-addon-language-string-issue.png

In Joomla Language Manager, it finds the individual language string constants so I'm not sure why they don't render on the front end in the Countdown Addon

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. I'm showing it to a client and they are particularly interested in the countdown addon, just my luck :-)

7 Answers

Paul Frankowski - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Hi,
1) Tell me what template you have there?
2) Have you tried to translate via

Attachments (1)

  • Languages_Overrides.png
    Languages_Overrides.png 15.6 KB

Paul Frankowski - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
On raw Helix3 template all is 100% okay.

Attachments (1)

  • 9_9.png
    9_9.png 7.6 KB
Sorry for the delay... holidays :-)

It is a YooTheme template. I can go into Language Manager, create an override for any of the above language constants and it works. It actually finds the constant/value and I just use the same value for the override. Here's some additional info:

sp_pagebuilderPro v3.0.4
Joomla 3.8.2


Joomla Debug Language Shows:

Parse Errors:
None

Language Files Loaded:
**Not loaded** : JROOT\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_system_sppagebuilder.ini [My Note: File is not in the location specified]
**Not loaded** : JROOT\plugins\system\sppagebuilder\language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_system_sppagebuilder.ini [My Note: File is not in the location specified]
**Not loaded** : JROOT\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_content_sppagebuilder.ini [My Note: File is not in the location specified]
**Not loaded** : JROOT\plugins\content\sppagebuilder\language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_content_sppagebuilder.ini [My Note: File is not in the location specified]

[My Note: language files in /language/en-GB/ only include en-GB.com_sppagebuilder.ini]

Untranslated Strings:

[My Note: About 950 untranslated language strings beginning with COM_SPPAGEBUILDER. The first few entries are shown below. They look odd?]

COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_ACCORDION="SPPAGEBUILDER ADDON ACCORDION"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_ACCORDION_CLOSE_ALL_ITEM="SPPAGEBUILDER ADDON ACCORDION CLOSE ALL ITEM"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_ACCORDION_CONTENT="SPPAGEBUILDER ADDON ACCORDION CONTENT"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_ACCORDION_CONTENT_DESC="SPPAGEBUILDER ADDON ACCORDION CONTENT DESC"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_ACCORDION_DESC="SPPAGEBUILDER ADDON ACCORDION DESC"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_ACCORDION_ICON="SPPAGEBUILDER ADDON ACCORDION ICON"
COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_ACCORDION_ICON_DESC="SPPAGEBUILDER ADDON ACCORDION ICON DESC"
.
.
.

Paul Frankowski - Staff

3 weeks ago #Permalink
It means that somehow not all language files were copied.
1) Please help yourself and reinstall SPPB 304 again.

2) If it will not help,
manually copy language files from SPPB package (from folder: language\admin\en-GB )
using FTP tool
to here: \administrator\language\en-GB\

Attachments (1)

  • INI_files.jpg
    INI_files.jpg 79.8 KB

Paul Frankowski - Staff

3 weeks ago #Permalink
BTW
Update Joomla as well 3.8.3
BTW
Update Joomla as well 3.8.3


HI. I updated to J3.8.3. I reloaded SP PageBuilder 3.0.4. I did not need to copy the language files to \administrator\language\en-GB\ because they already existed. The problem still persisted. I also get the same result with the Beez3 template.

The front end language files don't seem to be getting loaded.

As a temporary fix, I added the following lines to PlgContentSppagebuilder onContentPrepare. This resolved the problem. It may not be the best way to fix it but I needed to do something for my client.

function onContentPrepare($context, $article, $params, $page) {
$lang = JFactory::getLanguage();
$lang->load('com_sppagebuilder', JPATH_SITE, $lang->getName(), true);


I'm hoping you can address this in an upcoming release, the next one if possible.

Thanks

Paul Frankowski - Staff

3 weeks ago #Permalink
thanks & sure, I will ask our developers.


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Leaderboard (30 days)

Paul Frankowski

Paul Frankowski

Total Accepted Answers: 141
Toufiq

Toufiq

Total Accepted Answers: 44
Sifat

Sifat

Total Accepted Answers: 16
Rifat Wahid Alif

Rifat Wahid Alif

Total Accepted Answers: 11
Shibbir

Shibbir

Total Accepted Answers: 5

100+

Templates

200,000+

Community Users

Newsletter

Don’t miss any updates of our new templates and extensions and all the astonishing offers we bring for you.
We never spam