Support Forums

Support Offline : Mon - Fri / 10am - 6pm (GMT +6)

Your Time: Our Time:

Disappearing elements - tooltips - mootools conflict

Featured Lock Resolved Bug
Hello, the Aspasia Quickstart with 3rd-party extensions seem to suffer on the well-known "disappearing effect". Most likely a conflict through loaded Mootools...

Short error description:
Affected elements have ToolTips. Either through a certain CSS CLASS name or DATA-TOGGLE attribute.
After hover or click they are hidden. They get a property of display:none

For instance check the following site areas:

  • HikaShop product Tabs (after click!)
  • Blog articles and their article-info area (username, category)
  • Contact forms (field labels)
  • Search results (search button)
  • etc.


I guess, this applies to all HELIX3 based templates. Not only Aspasia.

Attachments (4)

  • hikashop_product_tab_hidden.png
    hikashop_product_tab_hidden.png 91.9 KB
  • blog_article_infos_hidden.png
    blog_article_infos_hidden.png 92.9 KB
  • contact_form_labels-hidden.png
    contact_form_labels-hidden.png 11.1 KB
  • search_button_hidden.png
    search_button_hidden.png 31.1 KB

21 Answers

pepperstreet

More than a month ago #Permalink
... The CSS is not helping. ... Mootools is included in Gavick news pro gk5


It can depend on the elements and class names. To my knowledge, Helix3 makes use of the attribute "data-toggle"... Please, inspect your browser page-source to be sure.

To fix it, you might use very specific classes to target certain areas only ...
or you might try the following common, generic CSS rule:


*[data-toggle='tooltip'], .hasTooltip {
display: inline-block !important;
}


Hope this helps.

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Hi,

Thanks for your query. I would request to you that, Please share your url with us. Besides you can implement below forum post solution.

https://www.joomshaper.com/forums/aspasia-sticky-menu-does-not-function

Note: Maximum time it occurred for javascript conflict problem.

-Thanks

pepperstreet

More than a month ago #Permalink
Toufiq wrote:
Besides you can implement below forum post solution.


Thanks for pointing me to that topic/issue. Compared and replaced the main.js file, but there is no difference. Actually both files had the same contents, except for a different comment wording and 2 empty lines. My main.js file was from latest Aspasia Quickstart (Template v.1.1)

I think I have updated all files! Even Acymailing 5.5, PageBuilder 1.3, no more update notifications show up.

Funnily I have the same JS files loaded, that you have loaded on your Demo site!? (see screenshot)
The online Demo runs smooth, no hidden elements. But my local Quickstart has issues.

Attachments (2)

  • js_aspasia_no_updates_left.png
    js_aspasia_no_updates_left.png 11.3 KB
  • js_aspasia_local_vs_demo.png
    js_aspasia_local_vs_demo.png 111.5 KB

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
pepperstreet wrote:

Toufiq wrote:
Besides you can implement below forum post solution.


Thanks for pointing me to that topic/issue. Compared and replaced the main.js file, but there is no difference. Actually both files had the same contents, except for a different comment wording and 2 empty lines. My main.js file was from latest Aspasia Quickstart (Template v.1.1)

I think I have updated all files! Even Acymailing 5.5, PageBuilder 1.3, no more update notifications show up.

Funnily I have the same JS files loaded, that you have loaded on your Demo site!? (see screenshot)
The online Demo runs smooth, no hidden elements. But my local Quickstart has issues.


Hi, Thanks for your reply. Could you send me your main.js zip file & site url please. Thanks

pepperstreet

More than a month ago #Permalink
Toufiq wrote:
Could you send me your main.js zip file & site url please.


See attachment. As far as I can see, no difference. Used "BBEdit" for comparison.

URL is not possible, yet. I just have installed the Quickstart and Updates on my local machine.
Currently not so important, just for personal interest and some previous forum support for another user.

Attachments (2)

  • main.js_aspasia_quickstart.zip 2.5 KB
  • main.js_aspasia_forum.zip 2.6 KB

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
pepperstreet wrote:

Toufiq wrote:
Could you send me your main.js zip file & site url please.


See attachment. As far as I can see, no difference. Used "BBEdit" for comparison.

URL is not possible, yet. I just have installed the Quickstart and Updates on my local machine.
Currently not so important, just for personal interest and some previous forum support for another user.


Hi, Thanks for your reply & your kind information. I will let you know as soon as possible. Thanks

MOD

More than a month ago #Permalink
Hi, I'm using Newedge Template and get a property of display:none too.

On, Quickstart Pack it work perfectly but when install on fresh install with no content on joomla 3.6.4 it get display:none property.

For Example:

Social Share On Article

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info_1_zpsttt0pauc.png

and mouse over on button

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info2_zpsytvza2v6.png

the result button disappear

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info_3_zpsktnujydx.png

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
MOD wrote:

Hi, I'm using Newedge Template and get a property of display:none too.

On, Quickstart Pack it work perfectly but when install on fresh install with no content on joomla 3.6.4 it get display:none property.

For Example:

Social Share On Article

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info_1_zpsttt0pauc.png

and mouse over on button

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info2_zpsytvza2v6.png

the result button disappear

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info_3_zpsktnujydx.png


Hi, Please share your url of site. Let me check. I will let you know asap. Thanks

Paul Frankowski - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Please use:
.hasTooltip.modal_link.cboxElement, .hasTooltip {
display: inline !important;
}



It should help for disappearing objects !

MOD

More than a month ago #Permalink
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, It's not working for me. I'll send link for access my website in the morning. :)

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
MOD wrote:

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, It's not working for me. I'll send link for access my website in the morning. :)


Hi,

Thanks for your query. Please send me your administrator info via pm.

-Thanks

MOD

More than a month ago #Permalink
Toufiq wrote:

MOD wrote:

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, It's not working for me. I'll send link for access my website in the morning. :)


Hi,

Thanks for your query. Please send me your administrator info via pm.

-Thanks


I'm send Username & Password via PM. Thanks you:)

MOD

More than a month ago #Permalink
Thanks you Toufiq for support.

I've same problem with pepperstreet. In my case, I'm using "Top of the Page" plugin from JED and get element display:none when enable mootools libray.

I'm switch to jquery option and problem gone but plugin stop working too.

Now. I'm disable this plugin and continue my project.

Thanks you everyone for all support. :) :) :)

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
MOD wrote:

Thanks you Toufiq for support.

I've same problem with pepperstreet. In my case, I'm using "Top of the Page" plugin from JED and get element display:none when enable mootools libray.

I'm switch to jquery option and problem gone but plugin stop working too.

Now. I'm disable this plugin and continue my project.

Thanks you everyone for all support. :) :) :)


Hi, Thanks for your reply & you are most welcome. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks

Paul Frankowski - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
I hope one day all Joomla! extension developers would remove from their products JS libraries which are "old" , not supported like mootools etc.

welrachid

More than a month ago #Permalink
Hi guys. Im facing this problem aswell.
The CSS is not helping.

Mootools is included in Gavick news pro gk5

Attachments (1)

  • shaper_tooltip_disappear.png
    shaper_tooltip_disappear.png 800.3 KB

welrachid

More than a month ago #Permalink
Thanks that worked.

Paul Frankowski - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
@welrachid In Joomla 4.0 there is no Mootools anymore, what would do?

welrachid

More than a month ago #Permalink

@welrachid In Joomla 4.0 there is no Mootools anymore, what would do?

Hi Paul.
From what i can see they already do have jQuery enabled, i've just not set it to work jquery because of problems with old template (convalis)
So once this site can go live, i will start testing for jquery only on the site, so we can be ready for the next version of Joomla.
Just sidenote: We are swtiching to Helix3 with existing content, so we need the site to be as smooth as possible. After that we will work on upgrading the dependencies.

Paul Frankowski - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Ok, I just informed.


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Leaderboard (30 days)

Sifat

Sifat

Total Accepted Answers: 122
Paul Frankowski

Paul Frankowski

Total Accepted Answers: 115
Toufiq

Toufiq

Total Accepted Answers: 62
Pavel

Pavel

Total Accepted Answers: 4
Peter Atkin

Peter Atkin

Total Accepted Answers: 2

100+

Templates

200,000+

Community Users

Newsletter

Don’t miss any updates of our new templates and extensions and all the astonishing offers we bring for you.
We never spam

Joomla! ® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. JoomShaper.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.

Connect Us