Support Offline : Mon - Fri / 10am - 6pm (GMT +6)

Your Time: Our Time:

Edit Simple Portfolio with Page Builder showing 404 error

Featured Lock Resolved Bug
Hi, when I go to edit a portfolio item in SP Simple Portfolio from the administrator area, the link from the green button results in a 404 error page. I have discovered on the forums that I can work around this by first going to the front end and logging in and then returning to the back end to edit the item.

However, this is a very clunky and convoluted way to edit a portfolio item, and one which is very difficult to explain to a client who is trying to manage their portfolio themselves. At the least, when you click on the "Edit with Page Builder" button, it should take you to the front-end login page rather than throw a 404 error. But even this seems to be an unnecessary step when logged in to the back-end already.

Is there a way to make this to where a portfolio item can be edited from the back-end without receiving a 404 error? Either show the front-end login, or take the user straight to the edit area?

Thanks!

J!: 3.9.14
PHP: 7.2
Template: Konstra
SPPB: 3.6.8
SP Simple Portfolio: 1.7

10 Answers

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Toufiq found the issue. In the SP Page Builder table in the database, the portfolio items that were throwing 404 errors had an error in the database. Under the “published” column, where the value should have been “1” the value was set to “-2”; when this value was reset to “1” it fixed the issue, loading the front-end login screen rather than the 404 error page.

Hi there, Yes, That I have explained to you via PM. Please close your forum post. Thanks

Toufiq - Staff

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please provide me the Joomla administrator access via PM? I will check & get back to you in our official time.

-Thanks

AverageJoe

Hi Toufiq,

Thank you for checking this. I just sent you login info.

Thanks!

Toufiq - Staff

Hi there,

Thanks for your PM. I have checked from my end and it works fine.

https://prnt.sc/qtb5jy
https://prnt.sc/qtb61v

-Thanks

AverageJoe

Hello Toufiq,

Thanks for checking this out. So it seems that there are certain ones that work and others that don't. I sent you a PM to check the specific portfolio items that I tried that are throwing a 404 error.

Thanks!

Toufiq - Staff

Hello Toufiq,

Thanks for checking this out. So it seems that there are certain ones that work and others that don't. I sent you a PM to check the specific portfolio items that I tried that are throwing a 404 error.

Thanks!

Hi there, Please tell me the item name or id. I will check & get back to you soon. Thanks

AverageJoe

Sent you a PM

Toufiq - Staff

Sent you a PM

Please provide me the FTP access

AverageJoe

Toufiq found the issue. In the SP Page Builder table in the database, the portfolio items that were throwing 404 errors had an error in the database. Under the “published” column, where the value should have been “1” the value was set to “-2”; when this value was reset to “1” it fixed the issue, loading the front-end login screen rather than the 404 error page.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Templates

Community Users

Newsletter

Don’t miss any updates of our new templates and extensions and all the astonishing offers we bring for you.
We never spam

Joomla! ® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. JoomShaper.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.

Connect Us