Support Forums

Support Offline : Mon - Fri / 10am - 6pm (GMT +6)

Your Time: Our Time:

Intro / Full Article Images Not Showing in Addons - News365

Featured Lock Resolved Issue
Hello,

We always use the intro / full image for our articles since this has the best SEO benefit and we need to credit most of our image sources with captions.

The issue I am having is, the addons' for the home page demo layout of News365 doesn't pull the intro image from the article into the addon, why is this? It only works if I upload a Helix blog image.

How can I get the addon to pull the image from the Intro image vs Helix blog image?

Thank you,
John

7 Answers

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Hi there,

Sorry to say that, it's not possible to use the intro image instead of Helix blog option. Because of that, the images cropped different sizes & that's why we can't change it.

http://prntscr.com/l1j1dl

-Thanks

conshelf

Hi Toufig,

That's a bummer, It would be nice if you could add this feature in a future release. We use JSN Page Builder on another site and it pulls images from the Joomla Intro image just fine.

I'll may have my developers take a look and modify the addon, if it's successful, I'll share the results. I'm sure there are other that would like the same thing.

One other issue I'd like to mention, the fact we have only the option to upload the image to the Helix Blog Image makes it difficult to organize our images.

Thank you,
John

Toufiq - Staff

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Maybe you don't understand my previous reply. I told you that, the news365 Template has override addon of the article. If you delete the override addon from override location your design will be the break. Besides, your intro image will work fine.

http://prntscr.com/l1o7j5

-Thanks

conshelf

Hi Toufiq,

I had my developers take a crack at it and we've got it working. If there is anyone else out there looking for the same modification just upload the attached site.php to the following folder: templates/shaper_news365/sppagebuilder/addon/articles/

Modification starts around line 102.

I've got them working on the articles_slider addon next, I'll post that mod as well.

Just so you are aware, if there's no intro image assigned to the article the helix blog image will take priority.

P.S. Be sure to rename your original site.php to site_original.php just in case. Wouldn't want you to overwrite the original file until you know it works.

Thank you,
John

Attachments (1)

• articles.zip 3.9 KB

Toufiq - Staff

Hi Toufiq,

I had my developers take a crack at it and we've got it working. If there is anyone else out there looking for the same modification just upload the attached site.php to the following folder: templates/shaper_news365/sppagebuilder/addon/articles/

I've got them working on the articles_slider addon next, I'll post that mod as well.

Just so you are aware, if there's no intro image assigned to the article the helix blog image will take priority.

P.S. Be sure to rename your original site.php to site_original.php just in case. Wouldn't want you to overwrite the original file until you know it works.

Thank you,
John

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience. From our end customization is not allowed & that's why i am sorry again to you.

-Thanks

conshelf

Hi Toufiq,

Thank you,
John

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience. From our end customization is not allowed & that's why i am sorry again to you.

-Thanks

Hi Toufiq,

I understand that customizations are not provided. No need to apologize.

My argument is, this should be available by default considering this addon is used to load Joomla articles. Using the Helix Blog Image wouldn't be an issue if you could select that image from the media library, being forced to upload to an undisclosed folder is not very user friendly.

Just my opinion.

Thank you,
John

Toufiq - Staff

Hi Toufiq,

Thank you,
John

Hi there,

-Thanks

Hi Toufiq,

I understand that customizations are not provided. No need to apologize.

My argument is, this should be available by default considering this addon is used to load Joomla articles. Using the Helix Blog Image wouldn't be an issue if you could select that image from the media library, being forced to upload to an undisclosed folder is not very user friendly.

Just my opinion.

Thank you,
John

Hi there, Thanks for your reply. The main thing is that when we have used the Helix Post format images then we can generate the different sizes image. That's why we have used this feature. Thanks

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Leaderboard (30 days)

Sifat

Sifat

Total Accepted Answers: 133
Paul Frankowski

Paul Frankowski

Total Accepted Answers: 93
Toufiq

Toufiq

Total Accepted Answers: 24
Pavel

Pavel

Total Accepted Answers: 4
Al Mamun

Al Mamun

Total Accepted Answers: 3

Templates

Community Users

Newsletter

Don’t miss any updates of our new templates and extensions and all the astonishing offers we bring for you.
We never spam

Joomla! ® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. JoomShaper.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.

Connect Us