Support Forums

Support Online : Mon - Fri / 10am - 6pm (GMT +6)

Your Time: Our Time:

SP Date module problem

Featured Lock Resolved
Hello!

I've installed the Quickstart Pack of the news365 template and the SP Date module is showing date and time and not only the date as seen in the demo you have online. It wouldn't be a problem if the clock was correct, but it's one hour late and it stays unaltered, not changing with time.

How can I change the module to display only the date?

Regards,
Filipe

17 Answers

Filipe

More than a month ago #Permalink
I just found out what was causing the problem: I have Portuguese has a default language and the date time format that is read by the template is set on the language file (in my case the pt-PT.ini file). There, the constant DATE_FORMAT was set to "l, d F Y, H:i". I changed it to show only the date and everything is ok now.

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Hi,

I have checked our demo & quickstart pack. But, I can't find out any time. We have used only date module.

-Thanks

Filipe

More than a month ago #Permalink
Toufiq,

I added a screen capture for you to see what I am talking about.

Regards,
Filipe

Attachments (1)

  • date.png
    date.png 3.6 KB

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Filipe wrote:

Toufiq,

I added a screen capture for you to see what I am talking about.

Regards,
Filipe


Hi, Please take a screenshot from our demo. Thanks

Filipe

More than a month ago #Permalink
I don't know if I understood what you mean. I know that your demo only shows the date (I already said that), but when I installed the quickstart pack I also see the time. Any idea why this is happening? How does that module displays the date?

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Filipe wrote:

I don't know if I understood what you mean. I know that your demo only shows the date (I already said that), but when I installed the quickstart pack I also see the time. Any idea why this is happening? How does that module displays the date?
Filipe wrote:

I don't know if I understood what you mean. I know that your demo only shows the date (I already said that), but when I installed the quickstart pack I also see the time. Any idea why this is happening? How does that module displays the date?


Hi, Please download latest version of news365 quickstart pack & install. Then give me a screenshot. Thanks

Filipe

More than a month ago #Permalink
I already have the latest version. I downloaded it 17 August.

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Filipe wrote:

I already have the latest version. I downloaded it 17 August.


Hi, Send me your site url with admin info via pm. Thanks

Filipe

More than a month ago #Permalink
I'm still working locally.

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Filipe wrote:

I'm still working locally.


Hi, Thanks for your reply. While it will live please share with us. Thanks

Filipe

More than a month ago #Permalink
Toufiq,

Contrary to what you said, this template uses datetime. Without your support I got to this file: ..\libraries\joomla\date\date.php. That's the file that sets the time and has some sort of bug that shows my local time zone with a hour less. Can you, or someone on the development team help me change the code of this file, or the file that calls it, so that the clock only shows the date and not the datetime?

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Filipe wrote:

Toufiq,

Contrary to what you said, this template uses datetime. Without your support I got to this file: ..\libraries\joomla\date\date.php. That's the file that sets the time and has some sort of bug that shows my local time zone with a hour less. Can you, or someone on the development team help me change the code of this file, or the file that calls it, so that the clock only shows the date and not the datetime?


Hi, Thanks for your reply. Can you send me FTP login details via pm. I will let you know after checkout. Thanks

Filipe

More than a month ago #Permalink
Has I previously said, I'm still working locally.

I got to a point I changed the date.php file adding "+1" on line 87: self::$gmt = new DateTimeZone('GMT+1');
It solves the timezone problem, but what I really would like was to get rid of the time, like on your online demo, given the fact it's only updated when the page is refreshed.

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Filipe wrote:

Has I previously said, I'm still working locally.

I got to a point I changed the date.php file adding "+1" on line 87: self::$gmt = new DateTimeZone('GMT+1');
It solves the timezone problem, but what I really would like was to get rid of the time, like on your online demo, given the fact it's only updated when the page is refreshed.


Hi, I have checked our file of SP Date module. But, there is no file as like date.php . Can you send me your administrator url with admin info. Thanks

Filipe

More than a month ago #Permalink
Toufiq,

I'm opening the Quickstart package and there it is... ..\libraries\joomla\date\date.php . And I'm sure that is the file that affects the date on the top left of the news365 template.

About the administrator information, I repeat myself: I'm still working locally.

Filipe

Toufiq - Staff

More than a month ago #Permalink
Filipe wrote:

Toufiq,

I'm opening the Quickstart package and there it is... ..\libraries\joomla\date\date.php . And I'm sure that is the file that affects the date on the top left of the news365 template.

About the administrator information, I repeat myself: I'm still working locally.

Filipe


Hi, Thanks for your reply. While you make it live, please let me know. Thanks


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Leaderboard (30 days)

Sifat

Sifat

Total Accepted Answers: 135
Paul Frankowski

Paul Frankowski

Total Accepted Answers: 120
Toufiq

Toufiq

Total Accepted Answers: 65
Pavel

Pavel

Total Accepted Answers: 5
Peter Atkin

Peter Atkin

Total Accepted Answers: 2

100+

Templates

200,000+

Community Users

Newsletter

Don’t miss any updates of our new templates and extensions and all the astonishing offers we bring for you.
We never spam

Joomla! ® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. JoomShaper.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.

Connect Us