Support Forums

Support Offline : Mon - Fri / 10am - 6pm (GMT +6)

Your Time: Our Time:

SPPB Module frontend editing not working with sh404SEF

Featured Lock Resolved Bug
Looks like a recent update is forcing all edits for SPPB modules through the frontend via an "Edit with SP pagebuilder" button which might be good for ease of editing, however the routing doesn't seem to work properly with sh404SEF installed.

When I click on that button to edit the module I get a Page Not Found error, the same as when we try to edit or preview a page from the backend with sh404SEF enabled.

Since it looks like we are being pushed to edit through the frontend this therefore means any SPPB modules are now uneditable?

3 Answers

Al Mamun - Staff

One week ago #Permalink
Hi,

In development time please turn off sh404SEF when website is fully developed then turn on sh404SEF. Also we will try to solve this issue in future.

Thanks,
Mamun
Hi Mamun

Thanks for the response, we can take this approach for a couple of sites but for others this wouldn't be practical since they are constantly being edited and worked on by various people.

Are you able to confirm the version which moved editing from the module manager itself to the frontend and I can perhaps just roll back to that for some clients just now? Either that or would it be feasible for me to use module layout overrides to do this?

FYI there is, and always has been, an issue with SPPagebuilder routing from the backend to frontend pages (ie when clicking on PREVIEW or FRONTEND ENDIT in the admin area) when sh404SEF is used, is there a way to resolve this in general?

Al Mamun - Staff

6 days ago #Permalink
Hi Simon,
Thanks, You know provided solution is temporary.

3.4.9 comes with module frontend edit option so use 3.4.8 to bypass that.

In general there is no other way to solve this problem. :( Also that plugin help desk I saw this issue. You check that issue.

Thanks,
Mamun

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Leaderboard (30 days)

Sifat

Sifat

Total Accepted Answers: 137
Paul Frankowski

Paul Frankowski

Total Accepted Answers: 123
Toufiq

Toufiq

Total Accepted Answers: 64
Pavel

Pavel

Total Accepted Answers: 5
Mohammed Ahmed

Mohammed Ahmed

Total Accepted Answers: 2

100+

Templates

200,000+

Community Users

Newsletter

Don’t miss any updates of our new templates and extensions and all the astonishing offers we bring for you.
We never spam

Joomla! ® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. JoomShaper.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.

Connect Us