SP Page Builder Overriding Condition Sets - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder Overriding Condition Sets

SC

Sean Carney

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

SP Page Builder Pro pages appears to disregard all Regular Labs Conditions sets. Joomla articles honor them.

On our site at Shalomadventure.com we created some ad banners that are to display ONLY in New Zealand. We do this using Regular Labs - Conditions.

This is working great for Banners displaying on Joomla article pages. But, it is NOT working at all for Banners displaying within an SP Page Builder Addon. It appears that SP Page Builder disregards the Regular Labs - Conditions.

Right now we have a banner module Titled: "Banner #3 Main Page New Zealand" This is assigned in our SP Page Builder on our Home page to an addon. The Addon is in the right column of the fourth row. It is a Joomla Module assigned to a Joomla module position. The Module position is named "Banner03 Main".

This module is assigned to a condition set to display the Banner only in New Zealand. However, it is displaying everywhere.

In order to determine if this was caused by the SP Page Builder, I duplicated the module and assigned it to the right column of our Joomla articles. The module is NOT visible outside of New Zealand. It is working well. However, the same Country condition is not working within the SP Page Builder Addon.

The module that is working properly is Titled: "Banner #3 Article View New Zealand" and displays on EVERY article page, but ONLY in New Zealand. This is how it is supposed to work.

In summary:

1. We cannot see the Passover banner on the Article pages here in the USA (and other countries) because the GEO ID is working properly and ONLY displaying that module to users in New Zealand. That means that the Conditions are working properly.

2. We can see the Passover banner on the homepage here in the USA (outside of New Zealand) because there is possibly a bug in the SP Page Builder? This is why I am submitting this ticket. The Conditions we set up for the module appear to be being disregarded. I had hoped that by assigning the Joomla module to a Module Position and then loading the Module Position into the Page Builder Addon we would circumvent this. I tried to place the module directly in the Page Builder Addon as well. Both options did not work.

The banner on the homepage is supposed to be behaving the same way as the banner on the Articles pages; Only displaying in New Zealand. But, it is not working properly. Both banner modules are using the same Condition regarding Country: NZ (New Zealand).

Here is a picture of the banner that should NOT be displaying anywhere except in New Zealand. This is working in Joomla Articles but not in SP Page Builder Addons.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sak1x0nDfZkmRXfdFyfUQFkMrSjujL29/view?usp=share_link

Sean

21 Answers
SP
Sheryl Prucka
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110532

I have the same problem using Regular Labs Conditional Content in the Header section based on device size. Is there a solution?

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111675

Since it has been over two weeks since this was submitted without any response, I also decided to submit it to Regular Labs hoping that they might have an idea about why their Conditions are not working on SP Page Builder pages. I will let you know what they say if they have any ideas on how somebody might fix this problem.

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111706

I received the following answer from Regular Labs:

This is most probably down to some sort of caching that is being done by Page Builder. Which would cause the result being caches and therefore the conditions to get ignored.

I figured SP Page Builder just uses the regular Joomla caching. So, I thought that possibly my page optimization software may be doing something with the caching that is causing a problem. But, I believe that is NOT the case because when I disable the page optimization software the problem is not fixed. So, it does seem to me that this bug is for Joomshaper to fix.

Sean

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #112273

Hi There!

Thanks for contacting us.

To make it clear, our SP Page Builder doesn't have any caching enabled, it has only compressed some files. So, it seems the conditional environment is not supported for a different reason.

However, You may try to disable the production mode if you have it enabled in the global configuration of SPPB: https://prnt.sc/BthvHMCR0XP9

You can also check if you have disabled all caching options in your Joomla environment: https://prnt.sc/b0lGT_PMv9gr

If these don't help, you may contact your extension provider again to know if they can help to make it compatible with SPPB too.

Best Regards

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #112294

Thank you very much for your reply. I actually have the production mode setting set to "No" already. I have also turned off Caching in the Global Configuration and also turned off all of my JCH Optimize caching and the problem still exists.

Interestingly enough, the developer of the Conditional Formatting, Regular Labs feels like the issue is created by SP Page Builder since their software Conditions are working within core Joomla pages, like the Joomla articles. They did not give me a difinitive answer about why SP Page Builder does not respect the Conditions while Joomla does respect them. But, in their mind that puts the cause of this problem squarely onto the SP Page Builder.

I believe some Joomshaper developer needs to take a good look at this problem to determine exactly why the SP Page Builder will not allow us to use the Regular Labs Conditions. If we can't solve this issue then the people I have developed this site for have a very difficult decision to make.

Since they need Conditions to work, they will have to pick between using the Conditions or using the SP Page Builder. Since more than one person is reporting this issue to you, and because Regular Lab Conditions is an extremely useful and popular program, I would think that Joomshaper would want a developer to dig into this a bit and discover the actual cause of the problem so we would definitively know what is needed to solve it.

Hopefully that can happen.

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #116560

I came back to take a look and see if anybody was going to consider this request.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #120079

Hi Sean,

We are extremely sorry for your experience.

Actually, the team is busy with SPPB 5 releases. So it is not possible at this moment.

After the stable version is released, I will let our developer team know about it to see if they can consider it.

Best Regards

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #120196

Thank you for your answer. I do want to note that your sentence as follows troubles me somewhat:

"I will let our developer team know about it to see if they can consider it."

Of course they CAN consider it. The question is whether they WILL consider it.

I am so encouraged to see the progress you are making with Joomshaper right now so it breaks my heart to have to tell my clients that we need to move their site away from using the SP Page Builder since being able to target their content to specific geographic areas is essential. This is going to be a HUGE extra job for me.

I will have to explain to them, and profusely apologize to them for encouraging their use of SP Page Builder, because for some reason Joomshaper is not sure whether then "can" consider fixing this very serious problem they are experiencing. I did not forsee this coming and it is going to force me to completely redesign their site. Ouch!

Sean

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #120220

Hi Sean,

Sorry for all your troubles.

Lets hope for the best. I will definitely let our team know about the issue. But I don't know if that will be considered. This is what I have said only.

Best Regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #120252

Hi Sean,

Can I have a full backup of your site, please?

We are suffering while trying to do so.

The following tutorials may help to take backup with akeeba and save it with zip format:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16fMwHR2ZAa3yctnP5rn7zm6YlwB7ijQj/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HwEmKAzw-uVWQHdASGHU31nJaJKBSR56/view

Best Regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #120548

Hi,

I need to send the site backup to the developer to investigate.

Would you please give me a akeeba backup?

We could not take a backup, for some reason it is taking so long when we tries.

Best Regards

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #120629

Thank you very much. We had ads running in the right hand column on our homepage and on article pages that were set to only display in New Zealand. It worked on the Joomla Article pages but did not work in the SP Page Builder pages. How should I get this Akeeba backup to you? I have made the backup. Are you able to login to our site and download it from the Akeeba Backup Component?

Here is the name of the backup: Backup taken on Thursday, June 22, 2023 22:30 EDT by Sean Carney

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #121305

Hi,

Please upload the backup zip file on any online server and share just the link here with us.

It can be google drive link or any online free tool such as lightshot, imgur, etc.

Thanks!

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #121404

There are three files to the backup. I have placed them within a .zip archive. I also uploaded all three outside of the zip archive. Once youhave the files, I will remove them. Thank you so much. Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to do!

I am hoping this link will work for you.

Sean

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #121666

Hi,

Thanks for the backup, we are done with it. You can remove if you wish.

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #121763

Thank you for letting me know. I will be looking foward to hearing about the solution!

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #121420

Hi Sean.

Just advice, place your link in a Hidden Content field. Otherwise, anyone can download it.

And a couple of thoughts about Joomla Module Addon. This addon (if you look into the code via Dev Tools) displays only the content of the module, but not completely the entire module. Such things as the complete wrapper of the module, module title are cut. I assume that this is the cause of the problem, since the Regular Labs Conditions Sets works at the level of the module wrapper or maybe module title but not at the level of its content.

I think you should find out from the Regular Labs developer which one parameter of the module is used for inclusion/exclusion. Based on this, the Joomshaper team will be able to find a solution, I hope.

I am also interested in solving this problem

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #121455

Thank you very much for your advice and for your question. I will ask Peter from Regular Labs for a comment on your comment and hopefully this will be the catalyst to help us solve the problem. As soon as I get an answer, I will post it here.

Sean

SC
Sean Carney
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #121484

Here is an answer from Peter at Regular Labs:

"So from my point of view there can be a couple of situations here, not knowing exactly how SP Page Builder goes about modules:

1. SPPB has its own logic for collecting and rendering modules. It does this differently to Joomla and does not generate a list of modules that it passes on to the plugins via the event trigger prepareModuleList. Meaning plugins cannot affect the module list. Which would render Advanced Module Manager useless on those pages.

2. SPPB overrides the module list that is generated by Joomla and passed on through the plugins, which undoes everything Advanced Module Manager is trying to do. Which would also render Advanced Module Manager useless on those pages."

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #125564

Hi Sean Carney,

Would you please check that if the latest SP Page Builder 5 version has the same issue or not?

Best Regards

DL
Donal Lyne
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155349

I can confirm that the issue still exists with SP PB5.2.7. Conditional display of modules is very important for my sites as well.