VM Overrides do Not Work On Gourmand Template - Question | JoomShaper

VM Overrides do Not Work On Gourmand Template

Spiros Kolovos

Spiros Kolovos

Template 1 month ago

I have installed Gourmand template on a dev enviroment and started building it for a customer as an eShop. I have already installed Virtuemart (should have gone with any other solution) and i am trying to override VM's files but the template only reads the original files.

Please assist.

3 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 weeks ago #154868

Hello Spiros Kolovos

Please follow this documentation

Best regards

Spiros Kolovos
Spiros Kolovos
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #154871

Dear Mr Ofi Khan...

2024 is my 12th year using Joomla! CMS. As stated above, i have already tried overriding the Template's files using the "traditional ways", and it does not work.

Please advise on any other solution than the basics of Joomla! because intalling a component and trying to override it in Gourmand Template, does not work (in the case of Virtuemart at least).

Thank you.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #156169

Good to know that you are an experienced guy. Let's try something. Please check these things:

1. Can Gourmand template override other components like Content or other extension?
  2. Can Casseopeia template override VM Component?
  3. Can Helix Ultimate template override VM Component? (If you do not have Helix Ultimate installed, then download the template from your JoomShaper dashboard and install it. Then check it.)

Please let me know the answers. Then I will talk about it with the development team.