SP Page Builder - Form Builder - Email Contact Formular - Different Message To Customer - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder - Form Builder - Email Contact Formular - Different Message To Customer

P

Pascal

SP Page Builder 2 weeks ago

Hello Joomshaper-Team,

in the SP Page Builder - Email Template you have only these 5 fields:

Recipient Email [email protected]

Email Headers Reply-To: [email protected] Reply-name: My name Cc: {{email_adresse}} - customer get a copy

From Email [email protected]

Email Subject My subject | {{site-name}}

Email Body <p>My text</p>

Currently I am using the CC function in the Email Headers to send a copy to the customer. It is a exactly copy of the email message that we get.

In germany the data policy rules are a little bit stupid. The email is not 100% encrypted. So we should not send these kind of information as a exactly copy to the customer.

In my case I need all these 5 fields a second time like: Recipient Email 2 Email Headers 2 From Email 2 Email Subject 2 Email Body 2

Then I can remove manually the input of the customer and just send him a email that we got his message and we will answer him soon.

Is there any method to do this? I read about there is a kind of override folder or something like this, but I dont know what to do. Thats the first time I need to change maybe a AddOn.

Thank you in advance!

King regards Pascal

3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #155759

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, there is no default option to do that.

Here is how to override an addon:

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/how-to-override-sp-builder-addons

As customization support is prohibited here, we can only redirect you to some tips as above:)

Best Regards

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155934

Hello Rashida Rahman.

thank you for your answer!

In my opinion it is a missing and important feature. The most time the customer need only a small reply that we got the message and we need all details. A easy CC is not working then, because it is a copy.

With your link I was able to change the "form_builder"-addon.

I copy and pasted the form_builder from the path:

domain.de/components/com_sppagebuilder/addons/form_builder/

To this path where the form_builder get overwritten:

domain.de/templates/shaper_helixultimate/sppagebuilder/addons/form_builder/

Then I changed the sourcecode for the admin menu in the "admin.php"-file and for the website I changed the sourcecode in the "site.php"-file.

In the "admin.php"-file we can create fields like that - super nice how it got developed from JOOMSHAPER:

'email_template' => [
            'title' => Text::_('COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_FORM_BUILDER_EMAIL_TEMPLATE'),
            'fields' => [
                'recipient_email' => [
                    'type'  => 'text',
                    'title' => Text::_('COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_AJAX_CONTACT_RECIPIENT_EMAIL'),
                    'desc'  => Text::_('COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_AJAX_CONTACT_RECIPIENT_EMAIL_DESC'),
                ],

'additional_header' => [
                    'type'  => 'textarea',
                    'title' => Text::_('COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_FORM_BUILDER_ADDITIONAL_HEADER'),
                    'desc'  => Text::_('COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_FORM_BUILDER_ADDITIONAL_HEADER_DESC'),
                    'std'   => "Reply-To: {{email}}\nReply-name: {{first-name}} {{last-name}}\nCc: {{email}}",
                ],

On the end it was quit simple to add new fields to the admin-menu. The hard part was the site.php-file. Dont know if there is any good option to enable for debugging. I was quit blind and it was not working, but show no error.

Have a nice day!

King regards Pascal

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #155947

Hi Pascal,

I hope you have succeeded in achieving that:)

Have a nice day!