SP PB 4 Alfa 2 - Question | JoomShaper

SP PB 4 Alfa 2

Pavel

Pavel

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hi guys.

I think you move in the wrong direction. The new option "Fill Columns" may be useful in some particular cases.

But tell me how can I create such a layout in one section so that all columns are the same in five rows?

I suffered half an hour picking up the width of the columns with the mouse and received only it. Why did you get rid of the custom generator? This is a huge step back.

I'm not sure whether the update will break the layouts made in SP PB 3, on existing sites. Since there is a limit in 8 columns inside one section.

Some addons lost border-radius.

Draging of the addon caused the disappearance of the entire control interface.

Oh, in vain you abandoned the backend interface. Very sad, but I'm afraid you will lose many customers because of this. Since the frontend interface cannot be reliable in case of conflict with third-party extensions.

4 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #50440

Hi Pavel,

as always you are very accurate in describing the problem, thank you for that. I also miss admin area. I will share your post with developer team.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #50441

Hi

Thanks Pavel for the information I will inform our DEV team so that they will take care of it

-Regards

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50456

Hi Paul & Mehtaz. Thanks.

I hope the developers will raise attention. It is not permissible to take steps back, it is not permissible in order not to be backward compatibility.

In general, of course frontend interface in SPPB 4 is much better and more convenient. I prefer frontend interface in my work. But the backend interface is always a spare plan. On my test site, various third-party extensions are installed, since I believe that it is precisely such a test environment. No one will use SPPB in pure ecosteum. And the frontend interface built on JavaScript can always cause problems. As it is in SPPB 3 with Engine.js errors.

I saw a comment of one of the developers about returning to the backend interface, they need to make everything from scratch. I do not know what team should do in this case. But world history shows that many promising projects were doomed at the collapse, if they were not redone from scratch.

One example is the fantastic Adobe Muse failed, only by the fact that the developers were not fairly flexible and prudent. That got a project in a dead end.

M
MF
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50471

@Paul Frankowski , @Mehtaz Afsana Borsha

WE NEED BACKEND.

I don't know how loud to shout this out for you to hear. Your decision is plain wrong. Like trash-can mac pro. Like butterfly-keys, like mini-screen instead of F-keys on MacBookPros. Even Apple makes mistakes and then fixes it in next generations of products. But Apple has billions in pockest to spill over fire. Are you ready to lose your paying customers, the MOST paying ones, because agencies and developers don't use single-site licences. Are you ready to spend time on useless version 4 just to start undoing and fixing huge strategic mistake in version 5 on the day one after rolling out version 4? Good luck then, I'll get some popcorn.

JUST GIVE US OUR BACKEND.