Template Helixultimate Creating Bootstrap Conflicts - Question | JoomShaper

Template Helixultimate Creating Bootstrap Conflicts

JK

Jeffrey Kiefer

Template 2 years ago

The default Helix template is creating conflicts. Using the shaper_helixultimate - Default template and trying to edit a directory listing from the front end the user menu does not display. When changing to the default Joomla template it does display and there are no issues.

I am using Mosets Tree extension and contacted their support to help resolve the issue. Here is what they have found.

"Your template (heljxultimate) loads a javascript file from this location: /templates/shaper_helixultimate/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js and this appears to be affecting the drop down functionality.

I’m not 100% certain, but it appears to be duplicating the functionalities provided by Joomla’s version of Bootstrap javascript. When I remove that javascript file, the drop down works - so that’s one, not so elegant, workaround."

So it seems the helix ultimate template is duplicating the Bootstrap functionality.

I have attached a screen shot of the directory front end and the issue I am having.

6 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #58417

Informed our developer team. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #57887

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. I have checked my end and found the issue. Please create an issue on our github issue area. Besides, you can try to check our latest update Helix.

https://github.com/JoomShaper/helix-ultimate/issues

-Thanks

JK
Jeffrey Kiefer
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #57919

I posted on Github. That does not solve my problem. How do I correct or work around this bug? I'm not happy.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #58093

I have informed our team. I hope they will check & fix it next update. Thanks

JK
Jeffrey Kiefer
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #58122

Is there a way to remove the bootstrap call in the template until the fix? I can not use it this way and my project is at a standstill.

JK
Jeffrey Kiefer
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #58374

Since I must wait for a template update that may or may not fix this bug I have a temporary fix. I do not know what unforseen problems this may cause but I needed to do something while I am waiting. I do not reccomend this to others but it is a quick fix.

/plugins/system/helixultimate/src/Core/HelixUltimate.php

Find this code near LINE 348:

$this->add_js('bootstrap.bundle.min.js');

And commit it out:

// $this->add_js('bootstrap.bundle.min.js');

I understand that it will be overwritten when the template gets updated.

Seems that you could have provided this information while I wait for a bug fix.