Community Surveys Issue Because Template Loads Bootstrap 5 - Question | JoomShaper

Community Surveys Issue Because Template Loads Bootstrap 5

M

Mel

Template 2 years ago

Hi,

I am using the Estates template and just moved to Joomla 4. I am using a component called Community Surveys and we are struggling to get various parts of it to work. Having spokent to the developer he seems to think the problem is with the template loading this file: /templates/shaper_estates/js/bootstrap.min.js

and says that Joomla 4 already loads/supports this so it shouldn't be loaded by the template. He goes on to say it should be removed.

How do I remove this?

Will its removal impact on anything else?

Kind regards

Mel

9 Answers
M
Mel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67665

Hi,

is anyone able to answer this?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #67671

Hi Mel,

Boostrap 5 is default framework for Helix ultimate and Joomla 4 as well.

If you want you can customize template code, but it's on your hands only. Edit:

templates\shaper_estate\html\layouts\libraries\cms\html\bootstrap.php
 plugins\system\helixultimate\overrides\layouts\libraries\cms\html\bootstrap.php

and remove link code to "bootstrap.min.css" file if this may help you somehow.

OR

Remove all content (CSS) from that file: templates\shaper_estate\css\bootstrap.min.css - but keep the file. Then bootstrap 5 styles from template would not be used, right.

M
Mel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67673

Hi Paul,

thanks for responding. Unfortunately neither solved the issue.

Basically dropdowns in the community surveys component don't work when clicked which the developers say is because the template loads the bootstrap file. I applied those changes (and since reverted back) as the dropdowns still don't work.

I can see an error in chrome when I click on the dropdowns:

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not parse content for https://www.mysite.com/media/com_cjlib/jquery/jquery.form.min.js.map: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 1

I have just sent off to the developer.

So would this mean it is not infact a problem with the template/Helix?

M
Mel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67712

Hi,

the component developer says that the problem is the bootstrap.min.js is being loaded twice. Once by Joomla and also by my estates template. If I delete this file in the template will it have any impact? Or can I remove the instance in Joomla 4?

I see someone had a similar issue in this old thread: https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=913691

Is it possible to remove one of these bootstrap files? Why is it being loaded twice anyway?

M
Mel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67716

Sadly I am going to have to move away from SP Pagebuilder and current template as cannot get it to work with my component. It is such a shame as I have got so use to SP Pagebuilder and love your templates.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #67726

As you wish, but remember that You can use SPPB also with other template.

M
Mel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67727

Yes I am realising that. I am trying to set up a Joomlart template just for this component but its proving a bit of a nightmare! However the conflict isn't there using their template and I can use the dropdowns without error of Community Surveys. Is there nothing that can be added (or removed) to the Joomshaper templates to make them work? Given they have managed it? I don't want to move away as spent a long time getting to know your components and love them. I just have this jquery issue I cannot get past and no one seems able to help. It makes no sense as it worked fine before on Joomla 3.

Its the only component now that doesn't work

M
Mel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #67728

Ah, are you saying I can still use SPPagebuilder but on a Joomlart template? Maybe I can persevere then however would prefer to just use Joomshaper products

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #67729

Yes, you can. This is component for Joomla, not Russian space ship ;)