Error Object Of Class StdClass Could Not Be Converted To String - Question | JoomShaper

Error Object Of Class StdClass Could Not Be Converted To String

H

Hugh

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

When an administrator is logged into the backend of a site and edits a Pagebuilder module, the error Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string is generated each time the module is saved.

As a SuperAdmin the module can be saved without any error.

The changes made to the module do appear to be saved despite the error.

30 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #6768

Hello Hugh

Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better.

Best regards

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6784

Thanks, here is the sequence of events and screenshots. Login as an Administrator to /administrator (this does not happen if you are super user) Go to Extensions -> Module Manager Open an SP Page Builder Module Click Save and Close

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6788

Some further information which should help, if I turn debug on, I get the following output on the error page:

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #7361

Any news?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #7398

Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials.

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #7448

Many thanks for your answer, I have attached details of both a SuperUser and an Admin account, you will only get the error if you login with the admin account

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9596

Any news on this? The process to recreate the issue is very simple:

1. Login to backend as Administrator
  2. Go to Extensions -> Module Manager
  3. Create a module of type SP Page Builder
  4. Give the module at name and save it (to enable page builder)
  5. Add a row
  6. Put an addon in the row (say Heading) add some text to the heading
  7. Click Save

The error is report as: An error has occurred.

0 Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string 

If debug is turned on the following info may provide some additional insight (NOTE: If you are a SuperUser, this error does NOT occur, only for Admin users)

An error has occurred.

0 Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string
/home/wadcom/sp.webappzdigital.com/libraries/src/Filter/InputFilter.php:345 

Call stack

Function Location

1 () JROOT/libraries/src/Filter/InputFilter.php:345 2 Joomla\CMS\Filter\InputFilter->clean() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:279 3 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::filterText()
4 call_user_func() JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Form.php:1552 5 Joomla\CMS\Form\Form->filterField() JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Form.php:230 6 Joomla\CMS\Form\Form->filter() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Model/FormModel.php:358 7 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Model\FormModel->validate() JROOT/administrator/components/com_modules/models/module.php:907 8 ModulesModelModule->validate() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/FormController.php:714 9 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\FormController->save() JROOT/administrator/components/com_modules/controllers/module.php:228 10 ModulesControllerModule->save() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710 11 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_modules/modules.php:23 12 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402 13 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377 14 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:101 15 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:159 16 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196 17 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/index.php:51

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #9910

My sincere apology for the delay. Please revert back to PHP 7.3 or lower. I hope this issue will be solved.

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9921

Thanks, I have tried reverting back to php7.3 the problem remains (only this time even with debug on I just get a white screen of death)

Is there anything else I can try?

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9941

Have additionally tried php7.2 and the problem remains. I don't think this is a php version issue.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #10394

I have added a SPPB Test module but could not find any issue. Yes, logged in as administrator.

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #10423

Hi, thanks for looking at this, however this is definitely still not working. let me explain further:

As an admin you can login, create a new module, set the type as Pagebuilder, Save the module, then add pagebuilder elements to it.

At this point if you save, or save and close you get a white screen and need to click back to get back th the module edit where you can click close to revert back to Joomla. Anything you did within pagebuilder has been saved, so we are a step forward.

HOWEVER: you cannot make any modification to the module, ie change the Title, or change the pages on which the module should be shown. These changes are never saved because the PageBuilder save happens first and as an admin user you get the error (0 Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string /home/wadcom/sp.webappzdigital.com/libraries/src/Filter/InputFilter.php:345 ) although this isn't seen (just a white screen) and the Save of the module parameters never happen because the script has exited.

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #10623

I have now tried creating a brand new Joomla instance on php 7.3 All that is installed is the Helix Ultimate Template and SPPagebuilder I created a new 'Admin' user and logged in

Go to Extensions -> Modules Create a new module of type Pagebuilder Give the module a name and click Save

This enables Pagebuilder in the module Add a single row single column Add a Heading addon

Click Save

The module is saved but there is a PHP error and the screen just shows a full white screen.

In the server logs I get the attached

Login details are below in the hidden content, this is a complete vanilla install. The issue is that once the error occurs nothing can be saved about the core joomla module ie title, position, pages etc.

This error is limited to ADMINISTRATOR USERS, if you are a Super Admin the error does not occurr.

DS
Donna Sweeney
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #11645

Any resolve with this? I am receiving the same error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string.

I transferred a site from BlueHost to NetworkSolutions and I have this situation but I am a Super Admin?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #11899

Hello Hugh

Apology for the delay. Please take a backup with Akeeba Backup in ZIP format and share here. Follow this tutorial

Best regards

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #11908

Many thanks, a link to the backup file is below, note this is a 300MB file

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #11932

I have not found your issue on my localhost with the backup. Please check your site on your localhost.

P
Paul
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25568

I too am experiencing this issue using SP pagebuilder Pro 3.7.9

H
Hugh
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25569

Paul There is certainly an issue, but it appears to be sever related, install on a local host and you can't recreate it. What is your hosting setup? The more data I can obtain on this, the closer I may come to working out what the trigger is.

F
fabriktwo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #51507

I can't believe that I just bought a template and now there is no solution for it. Please I would like to understand I can get some real help here. Thanks Fab

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #51637

Hello fabriktwo

Please post a new question about this. We will check and fix the issue.

Best regards

KC
Krista Courtaway
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #56533

This just happened to me. What do I do?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #56563

Hello Krista Courtaway

Please post a new question with your site access in the hidden content. We will check and fix the issue.

Best regards

RS
R. Semefia
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #74130

This error is not about "Please post a new question...". It is happing to most of us, either release an update to resolve it or post the solution here for all.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #74168

Hello R. Semefia

Thanks for your feedback. I will try to follow this. The issue happens on different overridden addons on different templates. So, we need to check your template and the addon. For this, we need access and it should be shared on your posts only. This is why we ask to post a new question.

Best regards

CE
Cemee Faith Escarilla
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78822

Same issue here "Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string" when I click the main menu "Courses" this erro appear. Please need help

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #78902

Hello Cemee Faith Escarilla

Please post a new question. We will check the issue.

Best regards

AI
Andreas Ilias
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111691

Hi all,

I am experienceing the same issue when logged on as super administrator: "0 Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string" when using image slideshows (i.e. replacing background demo images with JPG images) in conjunction with PageBuilder Pro 4.x. Did someone find the root cause for the issue and can someone please share the solution how to fix this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #111716

Hello Andreas Ilias

Please post a new question regarding your issue. We will check and help you.

Best regards

LC
Luis Cepeda
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #121923

I have not seen a response explaning how to fix this issue yet. at least not from JS team.

I have installed many templates not only from JoomShaper but other providers and the issues is there 90% off the time specially if using latest technologies (J4.3.2, PHP 8.2).

I did found a video on youtube explaining howto get around this for now, I am not sure this is the best fix but I am happy I can work on my sites with this solution. I lost the video link but here is how to fix it: Login to Cpanel>>Site>>Administrator>>Cache... find the autoload.php file and delete it.

That is all, the site is then up and running.

Hope it helps.