Buggy SPPB4.0.5 And A Small Review/warning - Question | JoomShaper

Buggy SPPB4.0.5 And A Small Review/warning

G

Ginius

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Please don't publish SPPB4.0.05. It looks like it is to early released and not tested properly (or wrong). What is the story? After I update a customer site (preview face) form SPPB4.0.4 to SPPB4.0.5 I face a lot of issues.

• Total website is slower.
  • SPPB4.0.5 is not stable. Changing something on the home page some give most of the times the error ‘Error Invalid addons settings! Contact the Page Builder Team’ or page is endless saving.

See: https://www.screencast.com/t/yzkP5ZVJQ

Yester when I gave my customer a preview of the site and tell how to edit the text, I save these issues. First I blamed the Wi-Fi at the customer, but today did some more test faced the same issues. So today I did a total review of the last couple of weeks/month. Let me share it with you. Let me breakdown my conclusions in several subjects.

Support Overall it's good, although listening and understanding is always difficult. As professional developer, the support reaction time getting worse every week. Standard it is three days, but sometimes more then a week (or totally no answer). Probably this has to do with the fact of the amount of issues that JoomShaper is facing. I good support system is not in place. Don't understand me wrong, but a forum is no place the keep track of bugs. Why not be open and share a list (just like Joomla), where we can see the status of bugs and how many bugs there are. The right tools and open communication is the key here. Eventually this will also help the support team for his/her main goal and helping customers. If a customer supportteam has no proper tools and try to reinvent support, it's not good. Sometimes I even answer some, simples questions, so my Joomla colleagues could work further. Three days before answering is to slow for professional companies.

SPPB 4 One word 'BUGGY'. The most stable version in the 4-series was SPPB4.0.4. The last one shouldn’t be see the daylight. It has never been tested or the test procedure is wrong. I have the feeling that JoomShaper is trying to use his valuable 'paid' customers to test and debug there software. It look like there is no release plan in place. Some bugs were already know, but still releasing. See a former post of me about not going back to the admin section (https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/17892).

Conclusion Stay away from SPPB4 unless you have a very good reason. This version has potentials, but not for now. For JoomShaper it would be a good idea to focus on solving the bugs instead of releasing net features. Also the need to learn to listen to the paid customer. They are very very experience and are all trying to help. Today I made the decision to rebuild the whole website, build with SPPB4, building in SPPB3.8.8. This one is more stable. Unfortunately this will cost me a lot of time (and money). I know in some post JoomShaper was telling not to upgrade from 3.8.8 to version 4, but this was a brand new site. That should not give any issues. So my main conclusion: Stay away form SPPB4 (at lease 4.0.5 and less) on production.

Remark I know some people think, why wasting time to write this post? This wil cost me also money. I agree with that, but I’m human and think everyone need to improve. If I don’t asy anything, JoomShaper will not be helped. In my company the main rules with complains is complain take them serious. It will be an opportunity to optimize the product/service. Most complaining customers a valuable to a company.

1 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #86080

Hi

Thanks for contacting us and we are really sorry for this inconvenience. I have reported these issues on our bug list. I hope all issues will be solved very soon. We understand the customer's problems and we are trying to solve that. Thanks for being with us.

-Regards.