Field Label, Field Placeholder And Field Name Not Editable In Contact Form, Opt-in-form And Layout-blocks / PB 4.0.5 - Question | JoomShaper

Field Label, Field Placeholder And Field Name Not Editable In Contact Form, Opt-in-form And Layout-blocks / PB 4.0.5

J

Janosch

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Dear Joomshaper-Team,

unfortunately it is not possible to change the field label or field placeholder or field name in the add-on »contact form«. If I use the add-on »form builder« I get a little contact-form insertet as an exampel and there I can edit the single fields and rename them, but if I add the add-on »contact form« there is unfortunately no possibilty to change/edit the single form items.

--> the same goes for the add-on »opt-in-form«. There is also no way to change the field labels or field placeholders..

--> same goes for the ready-made layout blocks in the category »contact«.. that's very sad, because if one has to change / translate / customize these values, all the premade-forms are not usable..

please give us this flexibilty to edit those single form items from your pre-designed forms as simple as the elements in your form-builder. I guess this should be easy to implement, because in your form builder it's possible as well.

Thanks in advance :)

5 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #86570

Hi there!

Thanks for contacting us.

Please take a look into the following doc to see if it helps!

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/sp-page-builder-3/how-to-tips#span-class-st-how-to-translate-contact-form-span

Best Regards

J
Janosch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86588

Thank you for your answer. The information in your link does help a little bit, thank you. The important main problem of the translation is solved, even if it's not the easiest way as it could be..

But, the solution with language overrides doesn't solve all of the problems: for example if you want to use a contact form with labels but without placeholders. That's not possible at the moment. If you could edit all of these parameters in the page builder editor, then that would be possible.

In my experience PageBuilder 4.x at the moment has more important problems to solve, so I'll take your solution for now, thank you very much. Maybe you could add my proposal with low priority to your roadmap, though ;)

kind regards

J
Janosch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86591

And while editing the language override, I found another bug:

If you insert the add-on »contact form«, the third line "phone" is visible by default in the editor, but the option "show phone field" in the contact form settings at the same time is off by default. So the field "phone" is shown in the insertet contact form, but on the front-end it's gone. If you then activate the setting "show phone field" and deactivate it again, then the phone field is gone in editor, too.

It's just a little bug, but it's very confusing!

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #86646

Hello,

Thanks for reporting.

We will check and act accordingly.

Best Regards

J
Janosch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100427

If you insert the add-on »contact form«, the third line "phone" is visible by default in the editor, but the option "show phone field" in the contact form settings at the same time is off by default. So the field "phone" is shown in the insertet contact form, but on the front-end it's gone. If you then activate the setting "show phone field" and deactivate it again, then the phone field is gone in editor, too.

still not solved..