Menu Level Setting Main Navigation - Question | JoomShaper

Menu Level Setting Main Navigation

J

john@gs

Helix Framework 3 years ago

Hello,

As far as I can see, there is no way to set the main navigation menu levels for the top navigation bar in any Joomshaper template.

Are there any plans to add this feature within Helix Ultimate in the near future?

To be clear, the issue is, you can not set the top navigation to only display the top level menu items. With a Joomla Menu Module this is simple, you simple set the Start Level & End Level to 1.

In my humble opinion, there should be an option for Start & End Level in the Template Options under Navigation. This way, if we'd like to only display level one items and hide the dropdown menus for the main navigation we can.

This is a downside for any Helix based template, it's very limiting and you have minimal control over the dropdowns. You used to be able to split a dropdown menu very easily with Helix 3, now you would need to create mutiple Menus and modules, and manually build it.

Hopefully this is something the development team considers. Removing core Joomla features from major components isn't very user friendly.

Kind regards, John

3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #7643

Hello John,

There is no doubt, you are willing to help. Super appreciate your input and observation. I will convey your suggestion to the team.

Best regards

J
john@gs
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #7647

Hi Rashida,

I'm more than happy to help, wish I could contribute more, but I'm managing 47 websites by myself :)

Thanks for hearing me out! John

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #7670

Best wishes for your work:)

You are always welcome!