Helix3 V3.0.2 - Main.js - Tooltip - Bug - Temp Fix - Question | JoomShaper

Helix3 V3.0.2 - Main.js - Tooltip - Bug - Temp Fix

pepperstreet

pepperstreet

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hello, I had many issues with the upgrade from 2.5.x to 3.0.x Especially with the (unexpected, unnecessary) Bootstrap v5 upgrade :(

I lost the tooltip display, and I was sure that this script has worked before. By accident I noticed that there is a tiny bug in HELIX3 v3.0.2 The MAIN.JS file still has the older TOOLTIP script call from the older Bootstrap JS. It just misses the correct syntax for the data attributes:

data-toggle (older, wrong)

should have been updated to:

data-bs-toggle (BS5)

Actually that small but important detail led me here, and I tried to initialize the BS5 Tooltip and PopOver scripts myself. Since the Bootstrap Docs just list the raw script, I had to find the right syntax to actually trigger them myself.

Helix3 / Joomla3 still use and load jQuery, so there are different ways to initialize them. Below you will find examples for your custom code section or custom.js file. I have included the optional PopOver and the ToolTip, because the ladder fixes the current MAIN.JS bug in Helix3. Anyway, the custom code syntax tipp should also apply to HelixUltimate2.

Hope this helps anyone ;)

(not able to post my custom code scripts here!? Formatting of code and submission does not work!?)

3 Answers
pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92100

I have created a pull request on GitHub https://github.com/JoomShaper/Helix3/pull/115

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #92106

Hi,

Good news is that soon should be Helix3 update to fix major issues, so I hope this topic will be included.

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92125

Thanks Paul, it seems the Github Repo is not up-to-date... latest Release says 3.0.1 and your official download is alrady 3.0.2 for quite some time. Is there any chance to keep the project in a current state, please?

I was not not sure how and where to post a fix on Github. See branches and labels etc. Slightly confusing.

UPDATE

There seem to be an active branch called: Hfw3 31 php 8 support

Does it mean this is the next v.3.1.0 of Helix3 ? Should I make Pull-Requests for that branch? Or the MASTER? I am not sure.