Publish Date is Not Enabled In Article Configuration - Question | JoomShaper

Publish Date is Not Enabled In Article Configuration

PK

Peter Klinke

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hello,

I just saw that this text is suddenly displayed on the homepage: Publish date is not enabled in Article Configuration

If I now activate publishing date in global content setting, the date is displayed for all texts, which I do not want. Can I only activate the date here, but not elsewhere?

10 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #96993

Hello Peter Klinke

Yes, you can. Enable published date in the Global Content settings. Then hide it on the menu item that you do not want the date to show. You can also hide it with Custom CSS.

Best regards

PK
Peter Klinke
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #98300

where does it suddenly come from ? now I have to change nearly all menu items!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #98784

This is the way. You have to do the hardwork to get your desired result.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105252

This is not the way. These kind of departures from Joomla's core functionality is nothing more than frustrating.

First you make it so you can not longer use default Joomla Article Images, kill captions and alt text, and now you guys are messing with the dates.

If we switch off dates in the Global Settings then the addons should respect those settings. Hence the reason they are called Global setting

This is getting very frustrating.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105253

Hi Peter,

Try adding the followng CSS to your custom.css or custom CSS section in the template settings:

span.sppb-meta-date {
    display: none!important;
}

Kind regards, John

Apestaart
Apestaart
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108355

Same thing here last week. I updated pagebuilder from 3.8.7 to 3.8.9 and suddenly the dates were gone, showing the warning in a yellow box. Why was that even changed? It worked fine, pagebuilder had the option to override the global config on whether or not to show the date. This change means that if you have a lot of sites you should change them ALL because of this. And really? Support is just saying 'This is the way. Do the hard work.' Wow, can't believe that. I had a subscription for years, but will not renew any more.

PK
Peter Klinke
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108476

It's really frustrating and disappointing that Joomshaper doesn't care about their customers and the impact of the changes! I actually wanted to stay with Joomshaper, but I don't like the development here anymore.

TLWebdesign
TLWebdesign
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109517

This is fucking nuts! Joomashaper was already shitty but it is getting worse and worse! Shame on you.

CS
Colin Sturgeon
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #112106

This needs to be put back as it was with the Addon overriding the global configuration on a few of our larger content sites, this is a nightmare.

MV
Martijn Vosbergen
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148621

Hi all,

I had the same (Stupid) problem and found a solution while I was checking the php code of the older Joomshaper version.

Solution: Go to: templates -> TEMPLATE NAME -> sppagebuilder -> addons -> articles and open site.php On line 316, change this: if ($show_date) { $date = ($article_createddate) ? HTMLHelper::('date', $item->publish_up, 'DATE_FORMATLC3') : '<p class="alert alert-warning">' . Text::('COM_SPPAGEBUILDER_ADDON_ARTICLES_SHOW_LAST_CREATED_DATE_WARNING_MESSAGE') . '</p>';

$date_text = ($show_date_text) ? '<b>' . Text::_($show_date_text) . ': </b>' : '';

$output .= '<span class="sppb-meta-date" itemprop="datePublished">' . $date_text . $date . '</span>';
                }

To: if ($showdate) { $output .= '<span class="sppb-meta-date" itemprop="datePublished">' . Jhtml::('date', $item->publish_up, 'DATE_FORMAT_LC3') . '</span>'; }

This will work, but remember that updating the pagebuilder component will override the original file. It's recommended to save a local version so you can easily modify it again after an update.