SPBooking Tax - Question | JoomShaper

SPBooking Tax

SM

Sean Mellis

Extension 1 year ago

I am attempting to configure the SPBooking extension in the Travelin theme. I see in the invoice there is a line for tax, but I cannot locate the function in the SPBooking admin dashboard where I can set the tax rate. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

7 Answers
SM
Sean Mellis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108899

HELLO....ANYBODY OUT THERE? ANYONE...?

I am attempting to configure the SPBooking extension in the Travelin theme. I see in the invoice there is a line for tax, but I cannot locate the function in the SPBooking admin dashboard where I can set the tax rate.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #109047

Hello Sean Mellis

Thanks for notifying us. There is no option for tax on the admin panel. It seems like a bug. It will be fixed in the next update.

Best regards

SM
Sean Mellis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109090

Hello Ofi

If there is no option to add tax, how do I launch my website for my client? Is there a CSS workaround? Do you have ANY advice for me other than "yeah, it's busted. maybe we will fix it some day."

Further...how could this module be up and running for THREE YEARS with such a major flaw? There are 181 countries in the world that have a sales tax. There are 14 countries in the world that don't. Was this module developed for customers in Western Sahara?

SM
Sean Mellis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109214

Hello Ofi

If there is no option to add tax, how do I launch my website for my client? Is there a CSS workaround? Do you have ANY advice for me other than "yeah, it's busted. maybe we will fix it some day."

Further...how could this module be up and running for THREE YEARS with such a major flaw? There are 181 countries in the world that have a sales tax. There are 14 countries in the world that don't. Was this module developed for customers in Western Sahara?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #109356

Apology for the experience. I had a discussion with the developer team about it. We all agree that the component lacks in some basic areas. Since we have to develop the feature, we cannot share any exact time frame now. If you are in emergency, then you can avoid the extension and look for alternatives. This is all I can say.

SM
Sean Mellis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110281

Hey Ofi. Thanks for your response. Essentially you are telling me "Tough luck sucker, but thanks for your cash." For anyone considering the Travelin template or the SP Booking module: I have now spent an additional $600 to engage a dev and try out a few third-party booking modules. Still not finished, but I think Solidres is the clear winner. If I am correct and Solidres works, I will have spent an additional thousand dollars on a freelance developer plus multiple modules and plugins. Just to get this abomination of a Joomshaper template to work.

Note: This additional $1,000 does not include the dozens of hours of my own time, or the bruised client goodwill.

Another note: Joomshaper admits its booking module doesn't work. They can't be bothered to support it, but they're happy to keep selling it. What does that tell you about the company's ethics?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #110864

Apology for the experience. I have the same concern and talked to the developer team. The product needs to be improved and I agree on it with you. Hopefully, in the future, more features will be added to the product. Also, we will fix the current issues.