Update 4.0.9 - Question | JoomShaper

Update 4.0.9

M

Marco

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Good morning,

I have read here in the forum that the update 4.0.9 should be released this week or next week - is there already an exact date?

Greetings - Marco

9 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #109874

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry there is no fixed date yet but very soon it will be updated. Allow us some time please.

-Regards.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109880

If I may....

Tomorrow we should get RC version for tests, so yes, there is a high probability that the stable version will be out by Friday.

M
Marco
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109892

Mehtaz, if your team announces an update for this week, you can write that there is no fixed date and you can also ask for time - I understand you.

What doesn't work in my opinion is to release an update in this quality, to release it even further for download, with which many of your subscribers have problems according to the forum, to promise an update in a certain period of time and then, according to you, not to keep this date - although quite many are waiting for the update because there are many problems.

But ok - your way of acting here, your job here, to act reassuring and not to promise anything. Nevertheless, some are waiting for the update because 4.0.8, for whatever reason, was complete junk and your subscribers also use your extensions commercially and in turn are supposed to answer questions to their clients.

@Paul - thanks for your post, you may when it comes to me :)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109905

@Marco, 2h ago I got RC version, so now we have to test etc. before publish realise.

M
Marco
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109915

@Paul - if i can do something - gladly

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109944

If you want try - use that package

M
Marco
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109991

Hello Paul,

I installed the version on the test site and can say the following about my installation:

The problem on my home page with the Accordions being set to hidden and being visible again after saving, closing and reopening the page still exists.

Exactly the same exists my problem with the background colors of my Text-AddOns, when changing to the configuration of a Text-AddOn the color disappears, in the configuration it says none, when resetting to Color the correct color becomes visible again.

The problem with the configuration buttons for the columns of a two-column row still exists, if there is a one-line row above, then the configuration buttons of the columns below cannot be clicked, because they are covered by the plus sign.

Responibility settings have been extended from Desktop, Tablet and Mobile to Desktop, Laptop, Tablet Landscape, Tablet Portrait, Mobile Landscape and Mobile - Hidden for Desktop in older SP Page Builder versions, will be converted to hidden on Tablet Portrait after update to 4.0.8. Hidden on Tablet and Hidden on Mobile in older versions will be changed to Hidden on Mobile Landscape and Hidden on Mobile Portrait. All previously made settings have to be revised - but this is also necessary because of the extension to 6 possibilities so and so.

The arrangement in general, at least for my posts with SP Page Builder content, changed after the 4.0.8 update and is still changed now. E.g. with this page and also others, an image that was deposited in the left column of a two-column row is suddenly displayed centered on the desktop in the browser, but correctly in the left column in the SP Page Builder Editor. Browser view: https://acy.hebammenzentrum.at/holder-laura Editor view: https://acy.hebammenzentrum.at/component/sppagebuilder/edit/377 I could notice this change only on some pages, on others the view was correct after the update.

Joomla posts with SP Page Builder content can not be copied, the copied post is empty after copying - your Ofi meant here that this works only with export and import - same with the modules.

Copying elements (lines, text AddOns, images, ...) within a page and across pages works for me now - but I don't know if this has to do with the update, partly it didn't work at first and I wasn't sure if my provider gave me a hard time here. Tested with Chrome and Mozilla.

The setting for buttons "Link opens in new window" in the older version was not taken over in the newer version of SP Page Builder, the page opens in the same browser page when the button is pressed.

Changes in the code view in the editor are not applied when switching to the editor view, only when selecting the preview.

Editing text directly in the Text AddOn (without calling the Text Editor) returns an empty paragraph when Enter is pressed, in the Text Editor the lines separated by the Enter are correctly placed in paragraphs, without an empty paragraph in between.

I could not repeat the problem with checking in or out the pages, which must now necessarily be done from time to time via the Joomla item System/Global Release.

That's it with my test.

Greetings - Marco

M
Marco
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109998

unpleasant is still that no matter what I edit, modules with SP Page Builder content, Joomla posts with SP Page Builder content or even SP Page Builder pages - it always opens a new page and I always come back to the SP Page Builder pages after saving the SP Page Builder content and close it, post and module must be saved additionally

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #113620

I hope back-end editor (May/June) will be better on that behavior.