Issue With Viewpoint And Column Structure - Question | JoomShaper

Issue With Viewpoint And Column Structure

G

Graeme

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hi I Have upgraded a site from SPPB3 to SPPB4. I only edited one of the SPPB4 Article pages as there were so many issues Which over various releases of SPPB4 seem to have been resolved The Articles which I had tested and tried to resolve the issues with is now perfect.

The problem is i have 154 articles which i thought i would be able to work through and update. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to do this, and my option seems to be used the single article which works as a template to redo all the other pages with I have started this process but it is laborious and time consuming work.

It would be simpler just to find out what in the old pages need editing But I just cannot see what is different between the working pages and the incorrect pages.

From what i can see, the problem seem to be related to the 6 viewpoints In the working pages the column structure is: Desktop Laptop Tablet Landscape Tablet Portrait the Column structure keeps 4+8 Phone Landscape and Phone Portrait collapse to single column structure

On the old pages the column structure is: Desktop Laptop the Column structure keeps 4+8 Tablet Landscape Tablet Portrait Phone Landscape and Phone Portrait collapse to single column structure

This page i have put the old and new content on a single page and tried to ensure the settings are the same
https://skm2.dns-systems.net/skm-back-issues/issues-1-to-9/shotokan-karate-magazine-issue-7.html

But i cannot see how i would control the column structure per view point ie. Change Tablet Landscape and Tablet Portrait to maintain the 4+8 structure and not collapse I understood how to do this in SPPB3 But I cannot see how this achieved in SPPB4

7 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #110646

Hello Graeme

I understand that you are concerned about the responsiveness of SP Page Builder 4. Please share a specific article link with differences in the two SP Page Builder versions. I will be able to check the issue then.

Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur

Best regards

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110752

https://skm2.dns-systems.net/skm-back-issues/issues-1-to-9/shotokan-karate-magazine-issue-7.html

this page has two articles on one page the top one is an oringinal artile untouched from the converstion to SPPB4 The Bottom One has been rebuilt in In SPPB4 Both seem to have exactly the same Properties But look At the Tablet Mode Differences It seems Again I cannot foind where the controld the colum structure accross the different views i have poste the same issue on another site but just seems to be going around in circles

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #110808

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110869

Please note Thes are all SPPB Articles not pages I have Redone Articles 1-6 and Article 7 is the mixed article Article 150 I the originally Built in SPPB 4 The other 140+ Articles are all wrong my hope is to be asimpple ediit the settings and not have to redo all the existing pages

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #110881

I have fixed the article. Unfortunately, you have to edit them manually. Due to the structure, there is some responsive issues while switching from SP Page Builder 3 to 4.

G
Graeme
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110883

Hi If You can fix it can you explain what you did so i can makes the edits and not have to rebuild every page from scratch?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #110897

I have turned on Fill Columns in the row settings and then assign column size for the row. Then drag and drop to adjust. Basically, I have checked the second part (which is okay) and followed the settings for the first part.