Helix 2.0.12 Menu Titles Visible Outside - Question | JoomShaper

Helix 2.0.12 Menu Titles Visible Outside

E

Evas

Helix Framework 11 months ago

Hi. I would atach picture here but do not know how to do that. Insert Image (Ctrl-Alt-I) is not working.

Helix 2.0.12 menu titles visible outside from its selectible icons.

11 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117558

Hi Evas,

please upload screenshot on your hosting (website) and just upload link to image OR use postimages.org (or similar)

E
Evas
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117686

Thanks for lesson. Here is the linkto see whats going on... https://postimg.cc/QFJpG8fJ

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117695

Have you renamed template folder? If not, please reinstall template again. And using FTP tool check if you have that file:

language\en-GB\en-GB.tpl_shaper_helixultimate.ini

from a new version.

E
Evas
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118005

Hi Paul, Could you please give me advise how to install new things to joomla should it be uninstalled first and then install new extention or just drop it on top existing one?

E
Evas
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117705

I have made child template and started to work on it and this was the outcome.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118046

In general about template update - do not uninstall anything, just reinstall with a new version. Then clear browser cache.

You don't have to use quickstart, you can start with clean/fresh Joomla then install extensions and template that you want/need etc.

E
Evas
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118117

I am newbie to joomla a fresh meat :) For me template is or to adopt it to my idea expression or to see the layout of Articles, Categories, Menu and the structure as whole that would let me to remake site without using any template. It might that I am doing it wrong or to hard but this is how I understand that it can be done... I tried and searched for Joomla 4 Bible for complete newbies first steps with first website. On the articles which I readed were no simple step by step explanation that first step to create your website you need to create Category to which have to be pointed freshly made Article which can be assigned to menu items that are also available as Pages in SP-PB. And that SP-PB is handeling all of those steps as soon you get into editor mode.

Another thing with templates i noticed specialy with PITECH when installed quick-start there are strange glitches... I already reinstalled joomla on server numbers of times and every time I had different bug (sort of) or loss of functionality.

For example latest mess-up was that after 2 days being installed on server. While in SP PB interface i navigated to home page to eddit it and got stuck on Pitech-slider. On the editor side he is visible but on live preview he is not there.

Then in lower right corner there was floating notice user 586 not found (it is not exact number do not remember it completely).

So while trying to drop atention from this slider I noticed that when live preview page or site the whole content just shifted up. I was using template with predifined header. The page content was sort of going under the header. If header swich off then content is even more higher. I looked at the other menu pages slider or picture frame was available from editing interface but it was not possible to edit it. It was not clicable. And the box with edit edit content was appearing on the item which was under the top content. When i was experimenting on second menu page I turn on position preview, and the content picture was located as breadcrumbs. I tried to change that to another position it was no success. And finaly even if I export selected Pitech slider and upload it on fresh new Joomla 4, he the slider exists in interface of SP Page Builder Pro. But it's gone from page preview.

Cashe cleaning on explorers was performed also in joomla didnt helped. And i got some feeling that the longer time Pitech template is installed I was sort of loosing some of SP-PB functionality.

I rond know how to fight wis that Pitech I just droped it.

Now I try to make ewerything as blank template without demo content. Firstly customising template with Helix then moving to SP Page Builder and filling up with needed pages and content then I look what I got and proceeding to next page... Trying to do not skip any of the fields for meta or SEO fullfilment.

I enjoy it as I am learning and learning the hard way and not shure am I doing things the right way or not. But in any way I learned a lot per this month form quick-start up to recovery and backup how to and now I need to get more familiar with securing joomla.

If just in case you or someone else who read this article know some useful material to read I will be realy thanksfull and happy as a child who got a candy :)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118124

user 586 not found ...

In general nothing to worry, it's demo user that "created" demo articles that why you see that in Joomla. How to solve it - you have two options:

1. Delete all demo articles and craete your own - a new ones.
  2. Edit every demo article and change his author from "Unknown" to You.
  3. Or create a new user and change his ID in database.
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118127

Yes, learning Joomla is a process that takes weeks... (months). When I started my advanture with Joomla - we had to use modules, nobody heard (dreamed) about Page Builder. So now is easier (in many ways). If you still only "playing" maybe install SPPB 5.0 beta3, it has back-end editor that seems to be easier to manage elements (addons, rows, columns) >>

E
Evas
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118142

Hi, Paul thanks for your inspiration and direction to joomshaper sandbox :) At the moment I am using 5.0.2

Besides some kind nosence happened for me with helix ultimate 2.0.13

E
Evas
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118145

Personaly I thin hat my troubles are with understanding the sequence of creation.

I do not know am I doing corectly or not but here it is :

1. I am starting from Helix framework on template "skeleton" layout adjustments and customizing colors, logos, contact info.
  2. After switching to sp-pb creating pages, articles, categories and asigning pages to navigation menus.
  3. Starting content process by filling in pages with content.

Am I doing things in correct direction or should I take different aproach?

If in case you know some articles from which I could get explanations it would be huge.

Thanks for your time.