SP Page Builder V.5.0.8 - Bugs And Problems - Image Carousel Dots For Example And More - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder V.5.0.8 - Bugs And Problems - Image Carousel Dots For Example And More

P

Pascal

SP Page Builder 8 months ago

Hello Joomshaper-Support,

I am happy to see that you guys bring the backend SP Page Builder back and combined it with an frontend editor if somebody want to use it this way!

I found some parts with bugs and missing functions. Even still available in the SP Page Builder v.5.0.8.

1) For example I am using a "Image Carousel" with the little green dots ;-). https://simio-simulation.de/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=36

You can change the "normal" color of the dots to gray for example. But when you click on "Active" there is no menu to change the color. And there is no option to change the hover color of the dots too. I made a video of it: https://streamable.com/xd06kt

Now I need to use a workarround like this:

.sppb-carousel-extended-dots ul li.active span {
    background: #1b8850 !important;
}

.sppb-carousel-extended-dots ul li:hover span,
.sppb-carousel-extended-dots ul li.active span {
    background: #1b8850 !important;
}

2 I need to use a lot of custom css code. At all I cant read it now in these little mini text fields. Is there any way to implement a maximize button or something like this that we can see the full css code for all css fields in the SP Page Builder?

3 There is a big problem now with the small witdh at all with the JCE editor etc. In some html text fields I cant select a word now for example for change only the color or make it bold or italic. Because the witdth of the field is just to small and not all symbols are visible. Even I saw problems with the code view. Doesnt matter which kind of editor I use. When I change something in the code view and I click on "Save" nothing get changed or saved. I need to click back to "preview" first and then I need to click on "Save".

Thats it for today. They are other bugs, but then this post get to big. I know it is a big project etc. But I wish it get more tested. Now I am testing as a paying customer and I dont like to waste my time and time is money. I am paying now the third year for the biggest agentur license and use it for like max. 8 homepages now. There was not one day in the 3 years without some trouble. But at all it is a good product. Its like little things that can be fixed fast and soon for sure.

At all it was hard to write now in this forum, because there is some kind of chat bot in front now and stopped my workflow. Not good in my opinion. Wasting my time, but I wanted support or writing about the problems at least ;-).

Have a nice day!

Thank you in advance!

Best regards Pascal

8 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 8 months ago #127711

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. I will share your issue to our developer team & I will get back to you soon.

Note: Please make sure that there is no override addon inside the template directory.

-Thanks

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #128851

Hello Toufiq,

thank you for your answer!

I try my best to find bugs and report them ;-).

At all I am using this kind of image carousel everywhere. But I have everywhere the same missing options in SP Page Builder (BackEnd-Editor).

Because I have CSS it is not a big deal for me. For other users maybe. It would be nice, when you can change like all possible settings of some object.

Best regards Pascal

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 8 months ago #128914

Did you check the latest version of Page Builder 5?

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #130669

Hello Toufiq,

I tested 5.0.9. Looks like the latest version of it.

I saw that the control element properties for the "Hover"-Section in the Image Carousel are still missing for example. You can still click on it like in the uploaded video of me but no Properties will show up.

BTW. I get no emails anymore that you answered me. Sometimes I get after weeks 5 emails from Joomshaper. Dont know whats wrong with it. Saw this now just by luck.

Best regards Pascal

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #130720

Hi there, I have checked the owl Carousel slider & they also have problem. After that i have contact with them and they told me that, if you use one item per slide then your bulet item will be change on click next previous. When you have used one more item on a slide then it needs to click on next or prev one more time(depends on per slide on item). Thanks

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #130772

Hi Toufiq,

thank you for your answer!

I am not sure I think you got me wrong maybe. I try to explain the main problems again with other words:

1. https://streamable.com/xd06kt Please watch this video. After like 15 seconds you will see that in the SP Page Builder v.5.0.9 are some options missing. On the right is a category called "Zeige Kontrollelemente" like Show control elements or something like this. And there you can click on the tab "Normal" or "Hover". My problem is all these Hover options are completly missing. I tried different browsers, cleared the cache etc. Looks like there is some bug. So I used some CSS code to fix it by my own, but it would be nice when it is working in SP Page Builder.

2. These custom CSS fields in the SP Page Buildere ware now a way to small. Really hard to use it. I need to use everytime a Text Editior and copy and paste it into this field.

3. Same problems with the Joomla Editors. The width is now a way to small and the important options are not visible. So I cant edit easy some HTML code with these designer tools. But with SP Page Builder 3.8.9 was it working very well. The main problem is the size. The width is not nice for all text fields etc. Would be nice when you have a button and it will just open a new, bigger field at all.

Best regards Pascal

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #130776

Got it your issues. I have informed our team. We will try to add these feature on next update. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #130777

You will get a solution in today's update of the first issue. Thanks