Blog Image Tab In Joomla 4 Article - Question | JoomShaper

Blog Image Tab In Joomla 4 Article

BP

Bruce Paine

General 6 months ago

Apologies as I am not sure which category my question belongs to but it relates to Joomla 4 articles.

This is an observation about one of the Joomshaper features.

I have discovered the 'Blog Image' tab within Articles. I uploaded an image and the photo appeared above the article. It looks very good and I thought it might be useful.

However, I noticed that in order to add the same image to other articles, it's necessary to upload another copy of the same image file, rather than select the same one from the gallery.

I checked the location where the images and thumbnails are stored in File Manager and confirmed that there are multiple copies of the same image. This is disappointing because ideally I only want to store one copy of the image since it is the same. I will probably not use this feature for that reason.

I also noticed that the Blog Image does not appear in article search result lists. I would have to add it again in the article itself as I have have been doing previously.

Have I misunderstood the intended purpose of the Blog Image tab?

3 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #132080

Have I misunderstood the intended purpose of the Blog Image tab?

Hi. Do not worry, you correctly understood the purpose of this. This option is simply imperfect. Personally, I find this option useless. I never use it. Standard Joomla settings in the Images and Links tab are much better.

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #132081

Thanks Pavel! I agree. The only reason I looked at it is because the tab icon stood out. I thought it must be something exciting, special and useful. Never mind!

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #132101

Hi

Thanks for contacting us and glad to know that it is solved now, and thanks Pavel for helping him.

-Regards.