Error 500 In SP Page Builder Pro Area Of Back-end - Question | JoomShaper

Error 500 In SP Page Builder Pro Area Of Back-end

HS

Hannah Silver

SP Page Builder 5 months ago

I have a fresh installation of Kreativa Quickstart package on a local computer. The front end works fine. Most of the back end is also fine. But the server is returning an error 500 on all items except one under the SP Page Builder Pro menu, i.e. Pages, Media Manager, Easystore and Settings. (The Categories item does not get an error.) Are there any log files I can look at to give me more information?

Background: I installed HelixUltimate on this server, in a subdirectory of the web server's root folder. This is working without errors. Then, I installed Kreativa (kreativa_quickstart_j4_v1.0.1.zip) in another subdirectory of the web server's root folder. I am running Apache/2.4.52 on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS.

11 Answers
HS
Hannah Silver
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #138963

It seems I've found the problem. In HelixUltimate, there's a file: administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/appconfig.php Kreativa has an identical file: administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/appConfig.php Note that there's a capital 'C' in the Kreativa one's filename.

I renamed the Kreativa one to match the HelixUltimate one, and the problem was fixed.

This does not inspire confidence in Joomshaper's testing. Perhaps they test only on systems with case-blind filenames, which is worrying. I'll be very wary about taking updates.

Gez@Mind Your Biz Online
Gez@Mind Your Biz Online
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #153649

I experienced exactly the same issue when I spun up the Kreativa quickstart (kreativa_quickstart_j4_v1.0.2), and can confirm that Hannah is 100% correct!

Renaming the file [root]/administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/appConfig.php

to

[root]/administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/appconfig.php WORKS.

I'm developing on mac too, so find it hard to understand how you could have done so without experiencing the same 500 error, @Toufiq.

Please, update your quickstart with the above changes to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139270

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

HS
Hannah Silver
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139279

Hi Toufiq, I am working on a prototype site which is not publicly accessible; so I cannot give you administrator access. In any case, that would not help. This is a problem in the source, as I have described. All you would see in the back end is an error 500 response, with no useful information.

You can replicate the problem easily by installing kreativa_quickstart_j4_v1.0.1.zip on a Linux system and trying to visit any of the menu items in the back end that I have listed. As I noted, the problem probably does not show on Windows, as that has case-blind filenames.

Jeff

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139345

I have checked the quickstart package on my mac & linux server (testing server). Besides, Mac is using unix system. No problem found on my end. Thanks

HS
Hannah Silver
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139447

Did you install the same version? (kreativa_quickstart_j4_v1.0.1.zip) Can you check the filename? Which do you have? administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/appconfig.php or administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/appConfig.php

Another way, without installing, is simply to look at the zipfile contents. This is what I get: $ unzip -l kreativa_quickstart_j4_v1.0.1.zip | grep -i models/appconfig\\.php 5224 2023-11-02 16:57 administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/appConfig.php $ unzip -l helixultimate_quickstart_j4_v2.0.17.zip | grep -i models/appconfig\\.php 5224 2023-11-06 18:07 administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/appconfig.php

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139684

Can you give me a Akeeba backup zip file? I will check it on my server. Cause, User used this template without any problem.

HS
Hannah Silver
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141304

As I noted above, I have fixed the problem by renaming the file. An Akeeba backup of the site now will work correctly. So there is little point in doing that. Visiting that site also does not help; the error appears only in the back end. Did you check the filenames as I asked? In your copy, is it appConfig.php or appconfig.php?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141648

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue?

HS
Hannah Silver
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141653

For exactly the same reasons that an Akeeba backup will not help you, neither will admin access to a site that I have already fixed. Again: Have you checked the filenames as I asked you to? (on your system)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141795

I have checked the Kreativa quickstart package on my end and no problem found.