Right Module Position Showing Outside Main Div - Question | JoomShaper

Right Module Position Showing Outside Main Div

C

conshelf

Template 3 years ago

Hello,

We are having an issue with the right module position on Newsberg 1.2, it is showing up under the main content. If you inspect element in chrome, you can see the <aside> block appears outside of the <main> div.

Here's a page where you can see the issue: https://www.oceannews.com/staging1/featured-stories/smarter-offshore-wind-cable-management

This issue does not happen on the main category pages: https://www.oceannews.com/staging1/featured-stories/

The issue only occurs when you view a full Joomla article.

Kind regards, John

40 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #987

Hi, Could you please give me a screenshot of this issue?

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1006

Sure, here you go:

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1594

Hello,

Is there a temporary fix that I can apply? I'm hoping to launch the site this week if possible.

Kind regards, John

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #2119

Hi Use this custom css

.view-article.layout-default .container-inner {
    display: flex;
}

Add this css code inside the custom.css file. Note: Path towards custom CSS: Extensions>Templates>Styles> Click on your current default template name then choose Template Options. Then find custom CSS within the custom code. https://prnt.sc/pu705g https://prnt.sc/pu70zn In Extensions>Template> Template Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS please add this Thanks

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2129

Thanks for reply. But it shows gap between article and module. see the link https://www.oceannews.com/staging1/news/milestones/industry-leaders-join-forces-to-support-nor-shipping-s-blue-economy

and also it shows css on bottom

https://oceannews.com/staging1/images/css.png

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #2133

give me your super admin access please

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2135

Hi Mehtaz,

It appears our developer added the CSS in the wrong place. They added the CSS to this file templates/newsberg/html/com_content/article/default.php -- I'm fixing it now.

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2136

Ok, CSS is in the correct place, but now the layout is messed up. The Content area is not as wide as it once was, and there is a large amount of white space between the content on the right siderbar.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2137

Top naviagtion is now messed up too.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2139

I added login credentials to the hidden content area of this post.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #2160

Could you please give me a screenshot of that issue?

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2171

Sure, here you go. Looks like the provided CSS does not fix the issue. I've tried in 3 differnt browsers as well.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2192

The CSS provided doesn't really address the issue with the < aside id="sp-right" > still showing up outside the < main id="sp-component" > div. Running the page through w3c validator still shows open elements, seems there may be a missing < /div > in a file somewhere.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2199

Just want to be clear here, the issue is not fixed. I just found a temporay solution.

I just identified what file is causing the issue. I renamed the following file templates/newsberg/html/com_content/article/default.php to templates/newsberg/html/com_content/article/default-disable.php and replaced the default.php with the default.php file from the shaper_gazette template.

Can you please look at the file here: templates/newsberg/html/com_content/article/default.php from version 1.2 of newsberg to see if there is anything missing from that file that would cause the right module position to not show in the right position?

Maybe the issue is partially related to the "Disable Modules' setting in the main template settings. I had this disabled so the right modules will show, but the layout is broken if I use the newsberg version of the override here: templates/newsberg/html/com_content/article/default.php

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3409

Hello,

Is there anyone that can help with this? I've identified the problem file, I do not know what else to do.

Kind regards, John

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #3509

Hi Keep a backup and make this page again

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3565

Hi Mehtaz,

I'm not sure I understand, how am I supposed to remake the page?

It's a Joomshaper override. Every single Joomla article is affected.

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3569

Hi Mehtaz,

I modifed the CSS you provided to the following:

.view-article.layout-default #sp-main-body .container-inner {
}

This forces the right module to the right, like your CSS did, it fixes the issues with the top header but the spacing between col-9 and col-3 is still off.

What I don't understand is, why does the override default.php file from the shaper_gazette template work properly and the override default.php file from newsberg not?

Can you have the developer team please take a look at the default.php file located here: templates/newsberg/html/com_content/articles/default.php

There is no issue on the category pages, which also uses an override. https://www.oceannews.com/staging1/featured-stories/

Kind regards, John

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #3951

Did you recrate the page?

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3962

Hi Methaz,

What do you mean recreate the page?

Are you talking about createing a new Joomla Article?

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3964

Hi Methaz,

Here's a recreated page, same issue: https://oceannews.com/staging1/featured-stories/recreated-page-for-joomshaper-support

Kind regards, John

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4042

Hi Please delete my css and give me that portion screeenshot. I dont think the upper portion happened because of my css. It conflicts somewhere else. Please delete the css I gave and recheck.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4128

Hi Mehtaz,

CSS has been removed, now we are back to the right modules showing below the content.

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5396

Hello,

Is there a solution for this problem yet?

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5398

Here's another couple of images showing the rendered HTML is wrong.

This screenshot shows the <aside id="sp-right"> properly nested in the <div class="row"> div as it appears on this page: https://oceannews.com/staging1/featured-stories/

This screenshot shows the <aside id="sp-right"> showing outside of the <div class="row"> div as it appears on this page: https://oceannews.com/staging1/featured-stories/recreated-page-for-joomshaper-support

Since it displays correctly on the category page, this must be related to the artile related override files or some other php file within the newsberg template.

Kind regards, John

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #5830

Sometimes this error is caused by article content. WHen extra closing < div > was used in article text. But I guess in that case it's something else.

Can you share access to admin area as SUper User? Use "Hidden Content" field here.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5877

Hi Paul,

This isssue happens on all articles. We rarely, if ever, use div elements within an article. We only use basic HTML; p, ul, a, img, etc.

As a test, I replaced this file "templates/newsberg/html/com_content/articles/default.php" with the same file from the shaper_gazette template and it fixes the issue, in fact, this is the very temporary solution I am using on our live site as you can see here: https://www.oceannews.com/news/science-tech/safety-builds-your-bottom-line

I'm hoping to get this issue fixed on the staging site so I can move it over to the live one.

Credentials below.

Thanks, John

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #5889

If it works by now, all I can do is inform our developer to fix it in future update.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5894

Hi Paul,

It would be great if this issue could be fixed in a future update.

Do you know how long that would take?

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #13995

Hi,

I'm planning to use the Newsberg template for another one of our news sites, are there any plans to fix the issue with the this file templates/newsberg/html/com_content/articles/default.php in the near future?

Kind regards, John

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #14204

I will ping our developer.

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22443

Hello,

Just wanted to follow up, still having an issue with this.

Kind regards, John

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #22561

Sorry. I will ping our developer - this time stronger ;p

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #55619

Hello,

Is this ever going to get fixed?

It's been over a year now, I just updated to version 2.0.0 and the problem is still here.

I added a link into the hidden content, where you can see the right sidebar show beow the main content.

There's other people with the same issue, that has gone unanswered as well: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/946

If I take the default.php from the Gazette template, it fixes the issue, so clearly there is an issue with that file in the core newsberg setup.

Also, enabling social and the progress bar do not work either.

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #55665

Hello,

If I add the following CSS, it kind of fixes the issue:

.view-article #sp-main-body .container-inner {
}

The issue is, now the article section section only covers 75% of the page due to the col-lrg-9 on the sp-component area. Technically, I could just set that section to col-lrg-12 but that doesn't exactly fix the main issue or the missing social icons and progress bar.

Kind regards, John

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #55672

Hello,

Not sure why this works, but unfortunatley I cannot wait another year for a fix.

I had to remove the above CSS and replace the default.php file located here: templates/newsberg/html/com_content/articles/default.php with the one in the same folder of the Gazette template.

Now the page works properly.

Please look into this issue, as every update breaks my site.

Kind regards, John

FO
federico Fernandez de Santos Ortiz
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #70985

I just wanted to say THANK YOU @conshelf. I was headbanging with this issue. Your temporary fix did the trick. It's pretty clear that there's something in Newsberg's detailed article view (default.php file) that is causing the issue (most probably an extra </div> somewhere).

Folks at Joomshaper, it's a shame that such an error, which has been reported, documented and even given a fix, is still pending after more than a year. It's the second strange bug I've found in Newsberg, and I would really appreciate that you took the time to fix this one and the other I reported in a future version of this template. Thanks in advance!

C
conshelf
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #70989

Hi Federico,

I apreciate that, glad I could be of help, drove me crazy for quite a while.

I really do not understand why support is ignoring this one. It's a pretty serious issue, we run a news based site, affects every Joomla article on the site and we have thousands.

Kind regards, John

F
freenduro
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89832

i have exactly the same BUG !

When i publish a module on right and disabled author post = the right sidebar breaks and goes down below the article

and this is not a proble with div in artive because i use the kickstar articles ....

So now the question to the Joomshaper team : when are you going to solve this problem ? because it's a bug of your template and it's impossible to wait more than one year

I have paid more than 299 $ for several years to have a support but this support is non-existent, either by the chat or by the forum ...

please wake up and fix this problem because it has gone on too long

F
freenduro
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90797

nive support he Joomsahoer team 1 yean and 6 days without soltion ti fix the bug ....