Issue With Right Position On Dentro Template - Question | JoomShaper

Issue With Right Position On Dentro Template

Stephane Hanrez

Stephane Hanrez

Helix Framework 5 months ago

Hi,

Could someone please help me with this issue ?

Assigning modules to the right position get them shown at the bottom of a "Single Article" menu item, instead of showing on the right side. See this page as an example : https://www.4fitandfight.be/index.php

The same modules are appearing correctly on a menu item that is set to something else, e.g. like on this page which is a J2Store Article list : https://www.4fitandfight.be/index.php/webshop/equipements

When I try to edit the article that doesn't work using SP Page Builder, the modules do show on the right side, but they are not being shown with the correct width, they extend to the full screen, so not respecting maximum width set in the template or in the css.

I tried switching to another template (tested with "Investa"). With the template, modules are showing on the right side, but again, not respecting width, exactly like in the SP Page Builder editor. So I'm not sure if the issue is with Dentro template itself of with Helix Ultimate to some extend.

I'm adding login details to my site in hidden content and would really appreciate having someone look at this. Site is not live yet (this issue is currently blocking me further working on it) so you can play with it if needed.

Thanks Stéphane

8 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 5 months ago #140907

Hello Stephane Hanrez

Apology for the delay. I have added your CSS in css/custom.css file added this CSS there.

.view-article #sp-right{
        display: none !important;
}

I have also updated the article view here: templates/dentro/html/com_content/article/default.php

Please check your site now.

Best regards

Stephane Hanrez
Stephane Hanrez
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #141195

Hi Ofi,

The issue with the way you did it is that the right modules are now not showing up on other pages anymore (e.g. on my webshop pages which are J2Store article details).

If I re-add this to my custom.css, it shows again on my webshop, but it's showing twice on my article details, once on the right side (as expected) and once below.

#sp-right {
    display: block;
}

Is there any way to have it shown only once whatever the type of page ?

Thanks Stéphane

Stephane Hanrez
Stephane Hanrez
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142805

Any news ?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #143333

Apology for the delay. Please use this CSS to

Template Options -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS

#sp-right {
    display: block;
}

Then it will be shown on all pages on the right side.

Stephane Hanrez
Stephane Hanrez
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #147103

Hi Ofi,

Sorry to come back on that one. It does work but I still have some issues : 1/ When I deactivate some of those rights elements (from the module in the menu assignements), they don't show up anymore on the frontend, but unfortunately, it still takes the space on the right, so I'm ending up with an empty space instead of the content taking the whole width. 2/ Those right modules are still appearing when I edit the article using SP Page Builder, which makes it pretty difficult to edit correctly but also to have a good view on the final result.

Could you help with those ?

Connection info provided before is still valid but I'm re-adding it in the hidden content

Thanks Stéphane

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #147753

You can turn off the modules while editing the article. Then you can edit in full screen. Deactivating will remove the module from the position. Or you can use display: none to remove it.

Stephane Hanrez
Stephane Hanrez
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #147813

How do I turn off modules while editing the articles ? I couldn't find that option in SP Page Builder.

Thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #148442

There is no such options in SP Page Builder. You can turn it off on System -> Site Modules from your admin panel.