SP Easy Image Gallery Thumbnails Resize Instead Of Crop? - Question | JoomShaper

SP Easy Image Gallery Thumbnails Resize Instead Of Crop?

Dayle Lunn

Dayle Lunn

Extension 4 months ago

Hello

The SP Easy Image Gallery crops my Thumbnails to fit. How can I make this resize without cropping instead? All of my images are different sizes so I just need it to resize them without cropping. The cropping doesn't work well with all images.

Thanks

11 Answers
Dayle Lunn
Dayle Lunn
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140625

Any help please?

Dayle Lunn
Dayle Lunn
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140838

Two days and no reply!? Really???

Dayle Lunn
Dayle Lunn
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140925

Four days now! Appauled that it takes this long for paying customers to get a response to what is essentially a simple question...

Can somebody please resond to this!!??

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #141132

Hello Dayle Lunn

Which thumbnail are you talking about? You can use Custom CSS. Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur.

Best regards

Dayle Lunn
Dayle Lunn
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141135

Hello

https://imgur.com/nBOli1x

You see the gallery view above and the full image below. The gallery crops the images, but I want it to view the full size in the first screen, not cropped. Is this possible? All the images have different dimentions so I can't use the setting to enter the thumbnail height and width as it is different for each picture.

https://imgur.com/2FsuCq8

Direct link to page http://jasonjoyce-com.stackstaging.com/gallery/projects/andrew-jose-35

Thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #141138

Sorry, it can't be changed. The thumbnail you are referring to is generated automatically when you uploaded the photo.

Dayle Lunn
Dayle Lunn
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141140

It took you 5 days to tell me that? Why did it take so long for me to get a response, when other topics have been getting replies. You have completely wasted my whole week.

Even though it is generated when the photo is uploaded surely there is some way to edit the core files that make this crop? It will be a setting somewhere within the code. Someone that works for you must know how to do this?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #142600

This in the location:

administrator/components/com_speasyimagegallery/helpers/speasyimagegallery.php

Here, createThumbs function is responsible for thumbnail creation. You can customize here to change this. But remember that on each SP Easy Image Gallery update, it will be reset. So, keep your changes separately somewhere.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #142518

Apology for the delay. I will talk to the developer team and try to get a fix for you.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142534

Hi Ofi.

All the most popular image gallery extensions have crop, cover and other options for generating thumbnails. SP Easy Image Gallery is one of the best and most convenient extensions in the market. But the absence of these banal options makes it completely useless. Which is very sad. I hope that you can convey this simple thought to the developers.

I am also interested in solving this.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #142598

Hopefully, there will be a way in the future. I will forward your message to the team.