Missing Feature In Easy Store's Mailing System - Admin Notifications - Question | JoomShaper

Missing Feature In Easy Store's Mailing System - Admin Notifications

Konzeptplus AG

Konzeptplus AG

EasyStore 5 months ago

Hello Joomshaper Community and Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to discuss a potential oversight in the mailing system of the Easy Store product.

As we've been utilizing Easy Store, we've come across a significant issue that seems to be impacting our store management efficiency. It appears that the mailing system lacks a crucial feature: notifications for the Store-Admin. To clarify, when various actions occur (such as new orders, customer queries, etc.), the Store-Admin does not receive any form of notification. This omission is quite surprising and somewhat problematic for effective store management.

Before I conclude that this is indeed a missing feature, I wanted to reach out to the community and support staff. Is there a possibility that we might have overlooked a setting or a configuration option that enables these notifications? If not, I believe adding this feature would greatly enhance the functionality and user-friendliness of Easy Store.

We're keen on making the most out of this product and believe that admin notifications are essential for any e-commerce platform. Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

12 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 5 months ago #141423

Hello Konzeptplus AG

Thanks for your feedback. I will forward it to the developer team. They will check and add the features in the future releases.

Best regards

Konzeptplus AG
Konzeptplus AG
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #141289

I have a temporary solution by hardcoding an email address in the file "CheckoutController.php" at line 370 within the "com_easystore" component. Here is a more formal and structured representation of the code snippet you provided:

File: components\com_easystore\src\Controller\CheckoutController.php

$email = new Email("[email protected]", 'order_confirmation'); $email->bind($variables)->send();

This is the whole code try { $email = new Email($customerEmail, 'order_confirmation'); $email->bind($variables)->send(); $email = new Email("[email protected]", 'order_confirmation'); $email->bind($variables)->send(); } catch (\Throwable $th) { return false; }

MiBa
MiBa
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #141402

Yes this workaround works fine. You can use also variable $email = new Email( $storeEmail, 'order_confirmation');

Konzeptplus AG
Konzeptplus AG
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #141502

Thanks for adding this to the feature list.

In the meantime we added a lot of additionel parts to the code. I will DM this to a DEV @joomshaperTeam if you like.

Best regards

swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142392

Guys,

In version 1.06 of Easystore there is still no possibility for admin notifications about orders and/or payments!!!!!!

Peter

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #143527

This feature request has already been shared with the development team. It will be reviewed soon.

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #143873

Hi

We would like to have this feature too, or example on how to add the code correctly.

Thanks

swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144790

Version 1.08 and still no notification email to the shop-administrator. What a shame!!!!!

Peter

MiBa
MiBa
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144792

Yes, this time it's in plugins\system\easystoremail\src\Extension\EasyStoreMail.php Line 55 - add

$email = new Email("[email protected]", $data->type);

$email->bind($data->variables)->send();
RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144812

Thanks for sharing.

It worked fine for me.

As a suggestion, next release could include also beeing able to personalized the template for the mail shop, not only for the buyer, cause mail could need a different content.

Best Regards

E
Eleanora
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144801

We would love to have this and MANY other features in v1.0.9

Keep adding these features quickly/without bugs please - as mentioned elsewhere EasyStore was released too early, these should have been included in v1.0.0.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #144987

Thanks all for your input in this matter. It will be added very soon.