After Migrating J3 To J4 Helix Ultimate has Incorrect JSON Php File And Template Doesnt Work - Question | JoomShaper

After Migrating J3 To J4 Helix Ultimate has Incorrect JSON Php File And Template Doesnt Work

RK

Robert Kvacskai

Helix Framework 3 months ago

Hi everyone!

I migrated J3 to J4 from one server to another testing server. I used JMigrator, so I have to move MySql databases manually as well as manually set all SPB categories & manually export/import SPB pages from old to new website and then by the JMigrator migrated all content unrelated to SPB to the new web.

Then I instaled on new J4 Helix Framework as well as template & Newsberg template, which I set as default template.

Of cource I check out all updates and settings as well as database if its stable. Everything seems to me be like a charm in admin part.

But on public site now I get this warning and the whole template (public site) is gone:

"Warning: Attempt to read property "template" on null in /www/doc/www.dialog-komunistickylist-migrace.online/www/plugins/system/helixultimate/helixultimate.php on line 218 Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first."

But I already have set new layout, respektively template (Newsberg)...

So I went through the helixultimate.php file and understood that there is no JSON file (joomla.asset.json) at Helix and Newsberg folders. So I added them to these folders (copied and edited them).

But with no luck...nothing changed.

There is something I can´t catch - would you please someone kindly navigate me to the solution?

I appreciate any help.

Robert

Using: PHP 8.2, SPPB 5.2.5 (both sites), Joomla 4.4.2, Helix Framework 2.0.18, Newsberg 2.0.

Test page with discribed problem: https://dialog-komunistickylist-migrace.online/

12 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #146029

Hello Robert Kvacskai

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share Alert Box access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

RK
Robert Kvacskai
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146349

Hi, thank you for your reply, Ofi!

However, I have to say that I plased my credentials in my last comment to the hidden section below my previous post.

Im trying it again now, so please let me know, if you can reach it...

Thanks!

Robert

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #146385

You are welcome 😊

I need this access(in the hidden content) to check the issue.

RK
Robert Kvacskai
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146508

Hi,

ok Ofi, but I insert my credintials already for two times before in the hidden content. See the printscreen here https://ctrlv.cz/IE94.

But never mind - I ´m placing it again below to a hiddent content box.

Thank you!

R.K.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #146530

Please share your admin URL and alert box access. Check the hidden content. I have shared a screencast of what I am facing.

RK
Robert Kvacskai
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146614

Hi Ofi,

I see where is the trouble. You are loging in the wrong site. How I described above, I have two sites. One is the main, the other is testing page, where I migrate and test content from the original site.

There is the testing page with Joomla 4, where is the problem I try to solve:

https://dialog-komunistickylist-migrace.online/

And there is the administration: https://dialog-komunistickylist-migrace.online/administrator.

On that site you can use my credentials. Hope now is everything correct...

Thanks for your help!

R.K.

RK
Robert Kvacskai
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146698

Hi Offi,

please let me know if you were able to log in and whether you figured out any idea what´s wrong...

Thanks a lot!

R.K.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #146724

Sorry, I am still unable to login. The same alert box appears.

RK
Robert Kvacskai
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #146870

Hi, Offi again!

Ok, its geolocation protection from my hosting provider. I asked my provider for bypass that security and now is login ready for you to use.

Please use the credentials in hidden content box below and let me know, if you succeed.

Sorry for your inconvenience!

R.K.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #146929

Thanks. I have tested your site backup on my localhost. Here, it works fine. I have shared a backup in the hidden content. Follow this tutorial to install it on your server. Make sure that you are using all small letters prefix on your database table name.

RK
Robert Kvacskai
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #147420

Hi Offi,

thank you very much for your effort! Unpleasantly, the result ist still the same as you can see here:

https://dialog-komunistickylist-migrace.online/

I followed your tutorial and instead of local installing I use kickstart file from Akeeba and install your backup on my existing server by this method. Finally I reinstal Joomla core files.

I couldn´t catch one thing - at the end you renamed several files in plugin folder and I dont know what is meant with them to do...

All in all - there is no change. The Newsberg template doesn´t work and there are still errors report problems with SP Builder components... It seems that Newsberg tamplate has no conection to media folders (there are no images on homepage or anywhere else), but media files are migrated in same folders on same location with same names. Therefor Newsberg template displays itself as only empty frame. But why? It seems to me that my Joomla 4 doesnt cooperate with SPPB correctly...

Something is completely wrong, but I have still no clue what it is... A real horror to migrate Joomla with SPPB in it...

Would you please consider an additional advice...?

With many thanks

R.K.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #147497

I think the issue is related to your hosting provider. Could you check it with another host to confirm? Ask your hosting provider to maintain this

• PHP 7.4 or PHP 8.0 (64 bit version)
  • MySQLi 5.5+
  • upload_max_filesize = 4M (or more)
  • memory_limit = 128MB (but 256MB or more is recommened)
  • max_execution_time = 180 (but 300 or more is recommened)
  • cURL library - your server must work with curl or url_fopen.
  • OpenSSL Libraries - must be enabled.
  • PHP file_get_contents() function - must be available/unlocked.

Then check if the issue happens again. I am strongly recommending this since it does not happen on the localhost.