Inquiry On Property Translation In SP Property - Question | JoomShaper

Inquiry On Property Translation In SP Property

M

Miquel

Extension 3 months ago

Hello Support Team,

I hope you are doing well. I am reaching out for assistance regarding the multilingual setup on my website. I currently have the Quickstart Empire installed and am using SP Property in a trilingual environment (English, Spanish, and German).

My query is specifically about the best way to handle the translations of the properties listed in SP Property. I would like to know if it is necessary to create a separate entry for each language for each property, or if there is a possibility to create a single entry for each property and then translate the corresponding texts into each language.

This functionality is crucial for the efficient management of my website, as managing multiple entries for the same property in different languages could be quite laborious and prone to errors.

I would appreciate any guidance or recommendation you can provide on how to best approach this matter. If there is any additional resource or documentation I should consult, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

2 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #147012

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The following documentation may help with the template: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix3/how-to-create-a-multilingual-site

And this one for SP Property: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/joomla-extensions/sp-property/translation

Unfortunately, page content or items will not translate automatically. You have to do it manually as per my knowledge.

Best Regards

M
Miquel
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #147014

Thank you for the response. I understand that translations are not done automatically and must be done manually. However, I have an additional question to clarify how I should approach this process.

If I have three languages on my website (for example, English, Spanish, and German) and I want to translate the property descriptions, do I need to create three separate properties with the same name and photos, and then manually translate the text for each of them?

This information would be greatly helpful to ensure I follow the correct approach in managing the properties on my website.

Thank you in advance for your continued assistance