Categories And Subcategories - Question | JoomShaper

Categories And Subcategories

L

lluis

EasyStore 3 months ago

How can I show the categories and subcategories in the menu on desktop and mobile devices? How can I show a page with all the categories and descriptions that link to the products of each one? In all ecommerce systems it is very easy, but I can't do it in EasyStore. Thank you.

3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #147680

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

In general, there is no easy way to achieve this with EasyStore, you are right. But you can check the Allura template categories page to get an idea how to go with it.

You have to create hidden menu for all of your product categories one by one: https://prnt.sc/DpbXGGfuOB06

Create a SPPB page and design the page with images and texts linked to those hidden menu items respectively.

https://prnt.sc/daYU_3iiMvNe

Hopefully, we will improve it in future.

Best Regards

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #147696

I have been a Joomshaper subscriber for many years and I have already been through this.

It happened with the Helix Ultimate, it took a couple of years for the product to be mature, usable and reliable, when they announced it as a final product

It happened with the SP Page Builder, with its wrong strategies in version 4 they caused their subscribers a waste of time and money

After a few years they fixed the problems of these two products, now they are functional, and they asked us to trust their company again with a new project that will revolutionize electronic commerce in Joomla

With great hype, they offered us this new product, EasyStore, which they practically forced us to buy with their new pricing policy. They tell us that it is a good product, the e-commerce revolution for Joomla. Despite past experiences, they make us believe that it is a great product, when you yourselves were aware of its characteristics. They justify the increase in subscription price due to the high cost of developing this extraordinary tool.

This time they have deceived us all, to be more precise, they have not told us the whole truth, which is the same as lying, EasyStore IS NOT A VIRTUAL STORE, it is something else, an invention of theirs disguised as an e-commerce solution.

EasyStore does not meet the requirements of an ecommerce solution. It allows you to create categories and subcategories to group products, but it does not allow you to display them. It allows you to create descriptions of them, but does not allow you to display them, it allows you to assign products to the created categories and subcategories, but does not allow you to display them. Theoretically it is multilingual, it is also false.

We can achieve some of this with “little tricks”, yes. But they are not prescriptive or SEO friendly.

So what really is EasyStore? Well, it is not an easy store, but a mini-store, an incipient e-commerce solution project, in which only the main section, the introduction of products, is almost completed. Nothing more, you can forget about the rest. There is nothing else. Everything is to be built.

Is this the great revolution that was announced to us for e-commerce for Joomla? You are lucky that most of your subscribers have not tried it, because the disappointment is going to be AMAZING.

Everyone forget about migrating from other Joomla e-commerce solutions to EasyStore, you are going to be disappointed. To the members who have an active subscription for this product, please try it, set up a store with 200 products classified into categories and subcategories (this is how ALL the stores we know work, on any platform) and when you can't access them, tell them To the gentlemen of Joomshaper, how you feel.

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149182

I'm really confused. I was waiting for an answer. This situation deserves a response from the sales or support team. Does anyone from Joomshaper have anything to say about this? When they launched EasyStore the team's attitude was super positive and active, now the messages are almost ignored. This affects the trust we place in EasyStore, we need real answers about the development situation of EasyStore. Silence doesn't benefit anyone